adding it to everything!

Posted by 5237955377499248391 on Nov 02, 2015

I LOVE how creamy and savory this makes my pasta sauces! I'm adding it to everything. Bell pepper sauce, marina sauce, pesto sauce, etc. Way better than flakes - this stuff really mixes in. When I have time I'll try this on popcorn.

Great Product But a Bit Pricey

Posted by Reviewer2150890 on Jun 11, 2015

I really like this yeast powder. It is consistent in quality and taste. I'd purchased some yeast in bulk (25 pounds) previously from time to time, but my supplier lost her source. I tried a bunch of different brands and finally decided I simply needed to pay the extra price for the Frontier Nutritional Yeast Powder. It's available elsewhere in 25 pound bulk, but I do not know the vendors. iHerb has always been dependable and reputable.

First time bought

Posted by 5676950459210226523 on Apr 15, 2015

Does not say it is organic. Not sure if it is the same as brewer's yeast. Know that nutritional yeast is a powerhouse of vitamin B's. Will start using it soon and see how it goes.

Absolutely delicious!

Posted by Reviewer1252396 on Oct 28, 2014

I got it only because it was healthy. I still shiver at the memory of brewers' yeast. Horrible! This is totally different. I just add several tablespoons to my kale smoothie, and I could drink this all day. I noticed that my hair looked even better.

fave!!

Posted by 5195782406517698731 on Aug 19, 2014

SOOOO happy i found this.. we use it for homemade formula and it doesn't clump!

great product

Posted by 4921697260692442527 on Jul 21, 2014

very good value for money

Perfect except for one major thing

Posted by Reviewer1221298 on Jun 06, 2014

The taste is completely addictive and the value is downright impressive. However, like almost every nutritional yeast around, it's fortified with folic acid, the synthetic form of B9, ubiquitously added to food products only since 1998. Recently I found a blog (search 'MTHFR') that cites plenty of research showing that genetic mutations resulting in the inability to effectively convert folic acid to the natural form folate are unbelievably common (in fact it was first discovered in 1999, the very year following the beginning of widespread fortification), and most who have these mutations never find out but often suffer serious long term health complications (since relatively few of us actually avoid folic acid). If this company were to provide a version that left it out, I would never stop buying it, because it's just plain one of my most cherished of foods.

Love this, but a bit lack of flavour.

Posted by 5520344546962903166 on Apr 14, 2014

I use this as a flavour enhancer and sprinkle it on popcorn, cauliflower, with yoghurt and in different dishes. I hoped it would have a bit stronger flavour, but maybe another brand has more flavour.

Great product, 100% recommended

Posted by 5239090316855360423 on Apr 04, 2014

Very good quality

My first try- it's good!

Posted by 5001407197958710933 on Jan 28, 2014

Had no idea what to expect from this product but knew it was important nutrition to include for vegan philosophers so took the plunge. It's good in soups, porridge, chilis , pirogies and veggy patties. That's all I've tried it with so far. Gives things a more rich flavour and apparently it's good for you, too!!! Will buy again. I use it daily.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »