Frownies, pH-Balancing Complexion Wash, 4 oz (118 ml)

Amazing cleanser

Posted by butteredcrumpet on Apr 23, 2013

I purchased this cleanser on a whim without reading any reviews which is not something I usually do. I found myself drawn to the quality ingredients of herbs and essential oils plus the fact that it's soap free. I was especially drawn to the apple and lemon juice + raw cane sugar and lactic acid. This cleanser is absolutely amazing. My skin has become clearer and much more radiant, has taken on more of an even tone and is a lot less prone to blemishes. Great for temperamental hormonal skin. You only require a tiny amount and the cleanser foams well, it leaves you with a clean feeling but in no way stripped of moisture. The price is amazingly low too, I've used cleansers 5x the price of Frownies which have not even come close to the quality and effectiveness of this product.

Good but ingredients not what iHerb lists

Posted by 5314079853830134719 on Aug 25, 2014

My skin: (very) acne-prone, very oily, large pores, clogs easily. I bought this because I wanted a chemically-exfoliating cleanser with NO glycerin (clogs my pores), and I liked the natural-sounding ingredient list listed on iHerb. Overall, I do like it. It suds well despite there being no SLS, and it is *very slightly* drying, though my skin does have dry patches from use of retinoids. It hasn't cured my acne, but it definitely cuts through the oil effectively. However, ingredient list on iHerb is incorrect. The correct one is below, and this is also what is stated on the bottle I received from iHerb. Distilled Water, Apple Cider Concentrates, Decyl Polyglucose (non GMO), Lemon Juice, Soapnuts (Spaindus trifoliatus), Yucca Glauca Root Extract, Raw Cane Demerara Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Essential Oils of: Lavender (Lavandula officinalis), Mandarin (Citrus Paradisi), Aspen Bark (Populus Tremuloides), Glyceryl Monocapriylate, and Glyceryl Monoundecylenate.

Better than most cleanser

Posted by marley on Nov 12, 2013

It's better than other complexion wash and it does not dry the skin.Click the user name to see my other reviews.