Fungi Perfecti, Host Defense, My Community Extract, 2 fl oz (60 ml)

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Really helpful for ME/CFS

Posted by Reviewer2937776 From California on Jan 02, 2012

I have tried a million supplements for ME/CFS and this and methyl-B12 are the only ones that had an obvious impact. I was surprised by how quickly it worked- I thought the mushroom extracts would help build up my system but was pleasantly surprised by the almost immediate brain fog clearing and additional energy that it provided.

So you want to know how this compares to "My Community" capsules?

Posted by KillerBunny From Canada on Jun 11, 2013

I have been taking Stamets' Host Defense My Community capsules for about 2 years - They've proven their worth to me and are part of my regimen. I saw this liquid form, and decided to give it a shot. First off, 1ml of this liquid has the same content of mushrooms as 1 capsule, so you need to take 2ml a day to make up for the recommended dose of mushrooms as per Paul Stamets (2 caps a day). This is in effect a 30 day supply. You can get the caps in a 120 bottle (60 days) which is a little more convenient. Being in liquid form also reduces it's usage out of the home; capsules do not need refrigeration and are obviously much more transportable (take them to work, on an airplane, etc). There is also a slight mushroom flavor to it, so if you have sensitive tastes buds or hate mushrooms, get the caps. Lastly, there's alcohol in it, it's such a small amount but I figure I'd mention it in case it violates any of your parole agreements. How does it compare in usage to the caps? Well, I actually ran out of my capsules about 2 weeks before I got my order in, and with my luck (and chronic sinus problems) I started getting a sinus infection a few days before I started using this liquid. I took 4ml a day spaced out and I must admit that the liquid form seemed to work quicker, I kicked that infection after 2 days and felt better after taking my dose. Usually with me, a sinus infection lasts about 7-8 days, and the caps kick them in about 3-4 days at the same dosage. But after the infection subsided, I didn't have the constant "calming" effect throughout the day that the capsules give me. In essence, capsules offer a gradual time release of nutrients and the liquid (by virtue) offers rapid absorption by the digestive system. The caps are better for preventative maintenance, and the liquid I use as a "booster" for when I feel like I'm coming down with something. GET BOTH!

Very effective - I will definately buy it again

Posted by AptekaNaturalis From Great Britain on Jun 05, 2013

Clever combination of different mushrooms from the greatest mushroom expert Paul Stamets! Works well - after a month I felt stronger, little dry cough disappeared and liver is in much better shape. It protects from different infection by strengthening immune system. Also research yourself about medicinal mushrooms and their effect on cancer cells, if its relevant to you, and see what you can discover. Also worth to take it with vitamin C together to increase absorption and keep in a refrigerator.

trust the source

Posted by Reviewer2746567 From Wisconsin on Feb 08, 2012

Just wanted to note that it says to refrigerate after opening (I didn't notice that right away). Also, it tastes like mushrooms, which is a little weird even for a mushroom lover, so I add a little water to mine and swallow down.

Keeps me super-immuned!

Posted by Reviewer3153877 From California on Feb 14, 2011

I've been taking this for a couple of months and although my 6 & 2 year old have had colds/viruses and strep throat- coughing right in my face- I haven't gotten any of it. I am in remission from Leukemia and use this to keep my immune system strong and I love it. It also doesn't have a flavor-A couple of days I go I started putting a small amount in my kids juice- they don't taste it at all.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »