Yes, this works

Posted by Reviewer1900715 on Mar 31, 2009

My cholesterol level has decreased to the point that my Doctor says I no longer need to take Crestor! To me that is fantastic, and I am so happy to be able to stop taking an artificial drug with tons of potential side effects. Try it, and I hope that your results are as good as mine.

Be careful!

Posted by Reviewer3132785 on Mar 10, 2013

I am very wary of any supplement that contains plant sterols. Cholesterol is a natural substance in the body, essential to life. As I understand it, plant sterols compete with cholesterol for absorption into the bloodstream; thus, your cholesterol reading will go down but the amount of plant sterols in your blood will rise considerably. This won't show up in lab tests because they don't test for plant sterols. The reason for that is probably that the amount of plant sterols we get from food is unlikely to cause any problems, so elevated plant sterols is a new problem that most physicians are still unaware of. Getting them from supplements, however, will multiply consumption many times. I bought this product once, but decided never again, at least until much more research has been done: I don't want to be a pioneer in lowering cholesterol at the cost of making my atherosclerosis much worse by replacing it with something more dangerous.

Trial use of Cholesterol Balance

Posted by Reviewer1658975 on Mar 17, 2011

I stopped using Zocor due to side-effects I didn't want to live with. After about 2 weeks I had a MD appt and asked if I could try the Cholesterol Balance and he agreed. About 2 weeks later I had lab's and all number's were within "normal" range. I will be taking Cholesterol Balance daily and have next lab's scheduled in August. I also must say I have modified my diet to include more fruit and veggies and cut back on fat's. So far, I feel great !! I do have some problem with the capsules "sticking" in my throat even tho I do drink a full glass of water with them. I now take the capsules with my evening meal and the water with good results..........Joan

Cardiologist approved

Posted by Reviewer2144507 on Jul 17, 2013

Our cardiologist is a die-hard statin pusher. My husband and I both have muscle side effects from statins and I just stopped taking mine,did some research,and decided to take FutureBiotics Cholesterol Balance instead. When my husbands prescription ran out I started giving him FB Cholesterol balance also. That's been almost a year for me and 3 months for him. We just had our check and I told our Dr. what we were taking. Our cholesterol levels were down enough that even he sent a letter telling us to continue what we were doing because it appeared to be working!!

These may actually help...........

Posted by Reviewer2818941 on Nov 21, 2010

Well this is my third order for this product. I have diagnosed hypertriglycae...etc (never can spell this name!!!!.) I need to be on a fibrate, but have managed to keep it to a low dose (as I get reactions) with the aid of this product, my overall cholesterol reading is lower and a much improved triglyceride rating (the important one for me) too. No side affects of course from the product itself and an overall improvement in my tummy function all round when taking this. Everyone is different and it may not help some, I certainly have been through a huge amount of items on the market and this is the only one I come back to as making a difference for me. Also must comment on the excellent service from IHerb, good web site, easy ordering, delivery as expected. Well done and thanks

No difference on my cholesterol levels after 3 months

Posted by RobertN on Oct 11, 2014

After 3 months of using this veggie caps I went for a new blood test and the cholesterol level was the same.I`m not sure for what this caps are good for.

Didnt work for me!

Posted by Reviewer1620513 on Feb 28, 2013

Admittedly I only took 2 of these a day but after 3 months and switching to healthy oils (avocado etc), my cholesterol rose further to 8.3 although good cholesterol did come up a little.

Husband's cholesterol down

Posted by Reviewer2960465 on Dec 03, 2011

These caps seem to help lower cholesterol ... My husband's came down 29 points.

Nice components!

Posted by Reviewer2511093 on Feb 06, 2011

Haven't tried yet, but the brochure inside is really helpful. Next week i will start drink them.

also beta gluucan!

Posted by Reviewer1655267 on Apr 13, 2010

i don't take them everyday. so my rating won't matter.