Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a medium strength digestive blend. Basically, it contains 2x times a normal digestive blend will contain. It also contains specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest every food possible. It comes with 252mg of botanical blend and it’s unnecessary in an enzyme product but no harm though. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. This product also contains multiple strains of protease and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value ranges. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I take 1 for a normal meal, 2 when I overeat and 3-4 when I am eating a buffet. I will probably not used this again as the supplements contain a lot of fillers, binders or flow agents such as magnesium stearate! Pricewise, it is also a lot more expensive than even higher strength enzymes. Check out my page for more reviews!

Expensive and useless

Posted by Reviewer1799968 on Jun 07, 2013

This is an updated review. In my first review I gave it two stars and said I wasn't sure if they did anything or not. I increased dose and tried it a few more months and I can now say for sure it does absolutely nothing at all. Everything is just the same whether I take them or not. So my opinion is that the product is (1) expensive and (2) utterly useless. I won't be re-ordering.

Purchased not realizing they are for Vegeterians :(

Posted by Reviewer1536148 on Apr 15, 2013

I purchased these digestive enzyme's not realizing that they are for vegetarians (hence the 3 star) Totally my mistake! I would not buy this product again due to that reason, all though I love all other Garden of Life products that I have bought.

Digestive enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1043032 on Jan 04, 2012

Great product

Garden of life digfestive enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1433796 on Oct 23, 2011

excellent product and excellent service

These just work

Posted by RedYetiDave on Jun 10, 2011

I've tried other digestive enzymes from reputable companies - nothing touches these. My stomach was rather messed up after some emotional stress followed by severe food poisoning. I'd tried everything to get back on track (no grains, no dairy, no legumes, no alcohol, no coffee, no chocolate, some prebiotics and positively heroic levels of probiotics). As soon as I started taking these, everything came right. Astonishing.

Good complete enzyme

Posted by Reviewer2017846 on May 01, 2011

I have tried a lot if digestive enzymes. Garden of Life are not the cheapest but I find they work better than other enzymes on the market to prevent bloating.

It's a good product, but...

Posted by Reviewer2158908 on Nov 08, 2010

Very good product. It helps digest onions and similar gas forming foods. Though, I found this product to be too strong for me(I guess, some ingredients are very high doses here). It excretes too much water. Or you have to have a very! big and rich meal to use it. I tried half a caplet; felt just a bit better. I hope, it is an adjustment period fo me... I will return here later with a follow up. As for now, I guess, half a pill will laast a looong time :)

Works great!

Posted by Reviewer1486007 on Nov 02, 2010

I only have to take one enzyme tablet with each meal instead of several of another brand.

Feedback

Posted by Reviewer2623533 on Sep 25, 2010

I bought Digestive Enzyme Blend and HSO Probiotic Formula which my friend recommended me. After 2 weeks of consumption, I'm developing gastric discomfort and constipation. I have stopped taking them now. I'm on gastric medication.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »