July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Garden of Life, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Coconut oil

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 22, 2012

Many companies do NOT use Bisphenol A-free plastic containers when store coconut oil and that pose a problem with leaching these kind of chemicals because they are fat soluble. 'Garden of Life' offers his virgin coconut oil in a glass container on acceptable price. The only problem is the weight of the item for international customers.

Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 32 ounce

Posted by Reviewer2183128 on Apr 17, 2013

I have been buying this for years. I have never seen this so bad before...The jar I received last week, upon taking out one scoop I saw what looked like tainted product, sort of contaminated looking. So I scooped out a couple spoonfuls off top of product, and found two sections of discolored areas, dirty looking in nature, sort of like a pnch of motor oil mixed in and as I scooped further, a sort of crazing pattern emerged in the lower portions. I have seen other discoloration of this product before but not this dark and in huge areas. Anyway iherb wanted photos, so I proceeded to burn up an hour of my time trying to photograph white stuff... looking into the jar, and was not that successful. Then I decided I would try to slow melt the bad portions to see what would emerge, and what I found was that there was two larger chunks of product with a higher melting point (they refused to melt at the same temperature as the white oil). So I can only conclude that the discoloration is actually, a filler oil of some kind. I still like the taste of this product, but purity is now in question. I will have to use this big jar now (as I cannot prove my claim to iherb without a clear photo) as body oil and I don't feel like eating it. If you find your product discolored know that iherb will want proof in a photo and its pretty hard to photograph white stuff inside a jar. So I would suggest you go with a different brand just incase.

oil

Posted by Reviewer2228432 on Dec 01, 2008

I use the oil for my skin and gave some to my grandmother who has Psoriasis and it does work as a good lotion for skin. My grandmother seemed to like it, it helped with scab production.

Excellent taste, helps me overcome cold & flu, said to be great for thryoid

Posted by PurplePegasus on Mar 13, 2014

This coconut oil tastes great, lots of coconut flavor. I leave at room temp & spread on sprouted bread or put it in the fridge and slice a piece and eat like a candy bar. I used this VCO when I came down with a cold (or flu not sure) and it nuked the symptoms right away. It's also an anti-fungal so if I eat too much I get die-off reaction but this is gentler than anti-candida pills and works just as well or better. VCO is also said to be great for thyroid function &, being a saturated fat, it's also anabolic and lipolytic, meaning it helps burn body fat & build muscle without exercising. (At least it does me, due to muscle memory from back when I used to be a gym rat). 100% natural & organic, nothing added, comes in a glass jar so no plastic leaching into our OEVCO. An all around winner and I love it at room temperature, or cold and hard small bite size pieces after refrigeration: it reminds me of the inside of an Almond Joy bar!

Good but nothing special

Posted by Reviewer2088629 on Apr 28, 2011

I bought this one because it's in a glass container, it's extra virgin and organic and because I was impressed with the good reviews. I'm less impressed with the flavor, aroma and texture, which are only average. The Philippine coconut oil I'm getting at my local health food shop is definitely nicer.