fabulous ingredient list, but horrible taste

Posted by Reviewer3018944 on Jun 28, 2010

I was so excited about the extensive organic ingredient list this product had that I feel bad leaving a semi negative review, but....the taste of this product truly is the worst thing I have ever tried. I have a sister and sister in law that tried it and they have the same opinion. So I leave this for warning- it is not for the faint of heart!

Can't believe I didn't buy this sooner

Posted by divelanai on Mar 24, 2011

This seems to be a great combination and soy free! It came recommended and I am glad I tried it. The serving size is two large scoops. The scoop size does seem to be larger than ones I have used before and my drink was a little thick (the banans probably didn't help either). It has a more nutty or grainy taste to it than a soy protien but it is still neutral enough to mix with anything! I will buy again!

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is probably the best meal replacement in the market that is healthy. It is nice that you can get most of the vitamin and mineral in significant amount and in natural form (100% daily value is the amount needed to provide deficiency, not optimum amount), high fiber, and high plant proteins that is highly absorbed compared to animal protein, live probiotics, enzymes, raw (no nutrients get destroyed by heat) and many other co factors that are beneficial too! The product is organic and free of artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colourings and other junk. The reviews about the taste scared a bit but I am glad that I did buy it. Seriously, it tastes mild sweet and quite nice! Sometimes, I even eat it straight without mixing with water though it is very dry. It is only possible if it is tasty! It tends to taste less sweet if mixed with water (not sure why). You can improve on the taste by mixing with chocolate blend like Amazing Gras s Chocolate or maca for sweetening. It is easy to digest and it’s quite fulfilling. Generally, it can last me about 4 hours and gives me the energy to do my work. Pricewise, it’s reasonable and comparable to the cost of a typical meal. It would be nice if the product actually list the amount of weight per ingredients. I like Garden of Life products but some of their products seem to have ingredients of minuscule amount that it seem like ‘pixel dust’ (industry term for supplement that has no effect at that low amount of weight). One obvious downside is that the powder is very hard to mix even with a blender bottle. It tends to lump together and does not break down that easily. It’s very normal to find bits of small lumps of undis solved powder here and there after finished drinking. Check out my page for more reviews!

better than expected!

Posted by Reviewer1883725 on Feb 23, 2012

We begain using the RAW MEAL FOR A 28 day cleanse. After reading the reviews, we were convinced that it was going to taste awful! We were pleasantly surprised. We mixed it with many things but found that pure fruit juice was the best for us. (mailnly pineapple. We now use the raw meal for breakfast every day. A smoothie with one scoop will hold both my husband and I through to lunch. Although weight loss was not our goal (allergies for me) My husband has lost 20 pounds in 2 months!! We both feel amazing. The combination of Raw Meal, working out and eating more vegetables has given me more energy and i sleep better at night. THUMBS UP!!!

Heavy Metals \m/

Posted by 5574639932455245180 on May 14, 2014

This was my first order and i never get it, iHerb gave me no refound. Later i found on internet that it contains a lot of HEAVY METALS AND IS REALY A DANGEROUS PRODUCT, PLEASE SURF BEFORE BUY THIS!