Garden of Life, RAW Meal, Beyond Organic Meal Replacement Formula, 2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)

Can't believe I didn't buy this sooner

Posted by divelanai From Washington on Mar 24, 2011

This seems to be a great combination and soy free! It came recommended and I am glad I tried it. The serving size is two large scoops. The scoop size does seem to be larger than ones I have used before and my drink was a little thick (the banans probably didn't help either). It has a more nutty or grainy taste to it than a soy protien but it is still neutral enough to mix with anything! I will buy again!

better than expected!

Posted by Reviewer1883725 From New Hampshire on Feb 23, 2012

We begain using the RAW MEAL FOR A 28 day cleanse. After reading the reviews, we were convinced that it was going to taste awful! We were pleasantly surprised. We mixed it with many things but found that pure fruit juice was the best for us. (mailnly pineapple. We now use the raw meal for breakfast every day. A smoothie with one scoop will hold both my husband and I through to lunch. Although weight loss was not our goal (allergies for me) My husband has lost 20 pounds in 2 months!! We both feel amazing. The combination of Raw Meal, working out and eating more vegetables has given me more energy and i sleep better at night. THUMBS UP!!!

Super meal replacement!!

Posted by JazzyUmmS From Saudi Arabia on May 29, 2012

I experienced alot of whole food products and I knew that this powder would likely not taste too great. And I was right - it tastes very bland. (Might mix well with bananas, and I love bananas.) "But I really appreciate Garden of Life for their no-compromises approach to nutrition, and that is why I bought this," one reviewer said, but for me it was more. I felt I was getting a complete food and I could sweeten with stevia or fruit and get what I needed when I was running around at my stables or with my kids. I like its nutritional profile and the fact that it is filling and left me satisfied. I know I will adjust to the taste over time. Soy and Whey proteins mixes give me bad gas, but when I drink this my tummy seems happy. I also hate the horrible fake-sweet taste that so many protein mixes have cause I am not sure what they used to sweeten. I'd much rather adjust to the taste of this than choke down one of those. I can drink Raw Meal as-is. Also, I wanted an additional type of protein, that was a full replacement as I do occasionally drink the Lifetime unsweetened protein shake as a meal replacement. So overall I rate this as an excellent meal replacement for anyone who is willing to tough it out in order to not sacrifice a REAL meal!!

Nutritive, but needs improvement

Posted by Reviewer2239864 From Texas on Apr 15, 2011

Lots of nutrition, but does not blend well with liquids. The mixture is a little viscous and hard to swallow. There is room for improvement in the taste area also.

Tastes so horrible! Garden Of Life Raw Meal Replacement.

Posted by Reviewer1926401 From Nevada on Mar 04, 2010

Garden of Life is one of my favorite companies. However, this product has a taste so horrible--like soap, that you will regret the day it was ordered. I placed it in "isolation" in the garage refrigerator. I will use it for fertilizer in the spring. Ralph Smith