Garden of Life RAW Meal

Posted by Reviewer2597080 on Jul 22, 2011

This stuff is incredible. I have a shake every morning with frozen bananas and unsweetened dark chocolate. It not only tastes great, but it keeps me full for a long time. I'm not ready for lunch until at least 3 or 4 pm. So have a snack handy or you won't eat dinner if you eat at around 6 pm. As always iHerb has the best price around and their super fast shipping is great!

RAW Meal is one of my staples

Posted by Reviewer3085277 on Aug 09, 2011

Better tasting now than 2 years ago. Mix with almond milk, cinnamon, and stevia for a good healthful meal.

Protein powder

Posted by Reviewer3342123 on Aug 28, 2011

A real energy booster.

Awesome replacement meal

Posted by Reviewer1338163 on Mar 22, 2012

This stuff is great. My tummy loves it. VERY filling. I heard the taste was terrible, I've been drinking bland stuff for years and this stuff was not bad at all. It has a mild malt taste to it. I do recommend if you are looking for a meal or snack replacement or just a good nutritious drink with tons of vitamins, minerals, fruits and veggies!

MUST HAVE

Posted by Reviewer1365065 on Sep 07, 2012

i drink it with milk and sweetener blue agave nectar. 1-2 times a day instead of 1-2 meals

Garden Life Meal

Posted by 5760800377973096638 on Sep 19, 2012

I love this meal replacements I have loads of energy and I'm never hungary. I have used this for 3 years. Love it.

RAW meal replacement

Posted by 5422562272862536152 on Nov 12, 2013

An excellent product for vegans, with noticeable health benefits in the short term. The recommended amount of water for mixing the product is way too low, I found that around four times the recommended amount was needed to make the product palatable. The import duty on deliveries to the UK is a disadvantage.

Good Quality Nutrition

Posted by pinkferry on May 06, 2013

One serving (2 Large scoops) of Raw Meal is to be mixed with 16oz(473ml) of water or low-sugar juice. Fyi, i tested this product using COLD water, juices and low-fat milk. Below are my findings based on my personal taste bud: 1. Tasted bland when mixed with cold water. Mixture has a smooth consistency. 2. Tasted awful when mixed with cold fruit juices. It is worst when mixed with grape juice. Moreover, mixture turned into thick GOO very quickly! (i don't know why) 3. Tasted best when mixed with cold low-fat milk. IMO, the creamy taste of milk complements the nutty flavour and aroma of Raw Meal. The consistency of the mixture is smooth and should be taken immediately after mixing. Milk will add calories but you need not be overly concerned about it. It is still no match to a meal of Big Mac + small french fries + small Coke. For fuss-free preparation, i use Cellucor vortex cup which spins at 11,000 RPM. Pour 16oz of milk into the cup and turn ON the vortex. Once the milk start swirling at high speed, place a funnel right above the swirling milk and start adding Raw Meal powder. (i hope u can picture this). Good Luck. Hope this review helps.

Extremely healthy

Posted by Reviewer2097278 on Jul 28, 2013

The 5 stars I gave is definitely not for its taste, which needs some getting used to. It's really for the nutritional value. I love how everything is organic and most importantly, RAW. And knowing that 2 scoops of this provides at least 100% daily value of 16 key nutrients makes me feel good taking this. And trust me, you will feel so darn good the next day. I have read some reviews recommending for this to be made into a smoothie (addin ice cubes, banana or some frozen fruit and OJ). Well I just drink it as directed - add water.

Great Meal Replacement and Source of Protein!

Posted by Reviewer2860352 on Oct 25, 2013

I love Garden of Life products, and this meal replacement is no exception. To those who complain about the taste, all I can say is look at the label prior to drinking - it is completely worth any unpleasant taste!! That being said, I mix this (1 scoop) with fruit and veggie juice (from my juicer) and I barely notice the taste of the powder. I also agree with another reviewer that adding some lemon or ginger to the mix will help improve the taste. I also tend to drink it right down, so taste is not an issue. Bottom line, this is not a product meant to be enjoyed as one would a soft drink. If you look at the ingredients, it is bound to have an "earthy" taste. In fact, Id be suspect if it tasted unnaturally sweet - something I don't need! I will definitely purchase this again.