Chocolate Raw Meal

Posted by 5162554888645266325 on Jan 13, 2013

A great product, however it was a bit too sweet for me to order it again. I can only have half the recommended amount, generously diluted due to the sweetness. I am not usually fussy with flavor unless it is overbearing!!

The taste needs improvement

Posted by 4654146426489814956 on Apr 02, 2015

Although the ingredients and the nutrition facts were excellent, the taste was awful. I had read some reviews mentioning about the taste problem, but I didn't expect to be like this. It's like drinking mud from swamps.

Like drinking vomit

Posted by Reviewer2878569 on Mar 18, 2014

I can not for the life of me understand why this product have such a high score amongst the other reviewers. To me this taste (and smells) like vomit, quite literally. I gag when I get it in my mouth. I've tried mixing it with water, with sweetened rice milk and soy milk and the result is the same. I've had to forfeit every time.. I'm quite sure it's healthy, but it's definitely hard work getting it down, and I'm not woman enough it seems.. I would give it one star for the taste, but gave it two because it's vegan and ethical and I believe it's really good for you.. (That is, if you can get it down and don't flush it down the drain...)

Two stars just for how healthy it is

Posted by 5720007044749786199 on May 19, 2014

To be short, If you are looking for a healthy meal regardless of the taste, go for it. If you care just a little bit for the taste, DO NOT. There is great taste, OK taste and not drinkable taste. This is not drinkable. I tried chocolate and vanilla but I could not finish half a serving, Totally wasted my money.

I can't drink it :( It has disgusting taste.

Posted by 5498278214670787010 on Oct 21, 2016

I can't drink it :( It has disgusting taste.

The new packaging has no expiration date printed on the bottle.

Posted by 5152234070592252105 on Oct 22, 2016

This is my fourth order of the GOL meal-replacement products and the second from this iHerb account. The last three bottles tasted basically the same way, mud-like, a bit weird and unpleasant but I was totally ok with the taste and have gotten used to it. The new bottle however, has a totally different, more powder-ish taste so I immediately went to check the expiration date but it was not on the bottle. Instead it was on the wrapper which can be easily torn off from the bottle. Not trying to be skeptical here but the question about the authenticity of a food product's true expiration arises when the familiar taste goes wrong. Now I don't know if I should consume this bottle at all:(

Does not taste like a chocolate shake...

Posted by 4858747555875406973 on Aug 26, 2015

I really enjoy having raw meal meal as a meal replacement,however, this chocolate flavor doesn't taste anything like chocolate. If you are looking for a decent chocolate flavor, just add cocoa powder instead. I would not repurchase this flavor but would purchase other flavors that taste better like vanilla and vanilla chai.