You cannot drink this with water alone

Posted by Reviewer2576763 on Nov 26, 2013

I enjoyed this with sweetened almond milk. When I first prepared this concoction of 1 scoop with 1 cup of sweetened vanilla almond milk, I was wondering why the heck it tasted so much better than last time. I then realized it was because of the almond milk AND the fact that it was chocolate, not the original flavor. With that being said, if you tried the original and didn't think much of it, I promise that the Chocolate flavor is much better in taste. However, the problem with the Garden of Life raw meals (regardless of flavor) is that it turns gelatinous quickly. It's very slimy in texture and it's probable that once it reaches that physical state, you will have a hard time drinking it. I find that I enjoy it the first few sips when it's still somewhat like "chocolate milk." This formula is so nutritious and filling that I'm going to struggle to keep on drinking it. I hope that eventually my body will start to crave the nutrients and minerals that it contains, since these days I've stopped buying eggs (my only source of animal products). It's going to be hard.