Best Choice

Posted by Reviewer1796591 on Sep 18, 2011

Hello, I am from Croatia, and been looking to buy organic supplement for my bodybuilding. I have narrowed it down to Raw Protein and Boku Super Protein, but went with Raw Protein due to the facts it got 14 sprouts. Product mixes great when you put it in your Klean Kanteen and shake it with 2dcl of water. No chunks, only foam. Smell and taste takes a while to get used to. Protective foil rips from the container when opening the container. There is a plastic measuring spoon inside. Garden Of Life wouldn't respond to inquiry about How much percentage in raw protein is sprouts from rice and how much other sprouts, but rice is listed first, so it's clear that there is most rice sprouts in it. Raw probiotics are plus. Product is actually 99% organic, due to the fact that probiotics can't be classified as organic or not ( to my understanding ). Make sure you buy 1 or 2 containers at first, to make sure you are okey with the taste and smell. If that doesn’t bother you, I think you will do fine with this product. I have given it 5 stars. It's organic, and RAW, it shouldn't taste like chocolate, so we need to get over it, in my book 5 stars.

raw protein

Posted by Reviewer2966157 on May 05, 2010

The most complete and healthiest option when it comes to protein supplements ! It doesn't only help build muscles and recover, it also improves your health and extends your life at the same time. That is what I am looking for in a product. Looks expensive, but then, look closer, the list of ingredient is impressive! The taste will only suit "hardcore" raw-vegans, but you can get away with it by mixing the protein powder with apple juice. Xavier Dolino - Ireland

Get over the taste

Posted by Reviewer3145442 on Nov 14, 2010

The reason that the people in this country are sick & dying is because we've allowed taste & price to guide our eating behaviors for the past 50 years. This is a product of the Earth, thus the very earthy taste. I would say that it tastes like basic white flour. I mix 2 scoops (~40grams protein) in a 32 ounce mason jar with 12-16 ounces mixed berries & 8-10 ounces organic apple juice. To me it tastes pleasant but not overly delicious. That said, you didn't buy/try this powder for it's taste. You did so because it's a superfood source of protein which will not only fuel, but cleanse your body. Think of certain foods/supplements the way you do exercise...not always pleasant while you're doing it, but the benefits well worth it.

Posted by Reviewer1359877 on Mar 15, 2010

I've always used whey protein to mix into my hot cereal in the morning, for muscle recovery after an intense work-out, but tried this product for the first time and prefer the ingredients to a powdered whey: living grains/seeds, probiotics, and enzymes. Really clean supplement, without even added sweeteners. I will continue to use this product.

Garden of Life RAW Protein

Posted by Reviewer3131583 on Jun 06, 2010

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not...I don't care for the green drinks particularly, and am gluten/lactose intolerant. So, thought I would give this a go for a quick protein snack. It's actually very mild in taste and even quite delightful tasting! I take containers of it with me in the car with my shaker bottle and water. I have a "shake" after a gym workout (before coming home) and also have it with me in case I'm out and about longer than I think I will be...then I can have something healthy and tasty to consume without buying/eating junk. I will definitely buy more.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1475133 on Mar 05, 2010

I love the way I feel after drinking this. I blend it with a tablespoon of Flaxseed oil, and a piece of fruit to amp up the bland flavor. I like it better than whey, even though the Raw Protein texture is a bit more pasty. You will definitely feel an energy shift when switching off from whey protein.

Love this product!

Posted by Reviewer1229007 on Mar 10, 2010

Looks to be a superb entry into the Vegan protein category. For those of us that would like the benefits of sprouted proteins without having to do all the sprouting ourselves. I love the smooth silky texture of this. Blends in nicely into my fruit smoothy after workouts.

Great raw protein powder!

Posted by Reviewer2515804 on Mar 03, 2010

I bought this to up my protein intake. It mixes very well in smoothies and digests well. I liked this raw protein powder better than the one from Sun Warrior which was very noticeable in my smoothies.

I love everything about this, I now crave it & will try the meal too

Posted by Reviewer1494359 on Jan 19, 2011

I was worried about the taste, but I love this. Taste great with FF organic plain soy milk or FF organic cow milk( if you need too) or smoothies. In a blender mixes well in smoothies. In a shaker, it's very foamy & does not mix well. In a large cup, I use a bar whisk, stir 2 scoops RAW slowly w/ 1 cup milk or else powder spills out & once it's mixed ( thick ) add 1/2 cup milk. This is the only way I could mix it in w/o the foam & needing a straw. With a spoon it didn't mix well. If I had to say anything negative about this, I don't quite enjoy the taste as much mixed in water only, so the added calories & cost is a bummer, but I'm working on acquiring a taste for it w/ just water. I should have started w/ water instead of spoiling myself w/ the milk.

Garden of life, RAW protein

Posted by Reviewer2352646 on May 18, 2011

Being on a strict diet and chronically underweight after two intestinal surgeries, I bought this product to provide easily digestible proteins without a lot of fat. I am using it for breakfast with a banana or piece of bread every other day and find it to be satisfying and neutral/ pleasant in taste, without leading to gas/bloating. Helps me to some extent with edema due to a slight but chronic protein deficiency. Highly recommend the product for people with special protein needs.