Watch out if you're sensitive/allergic to soy

Posted by Reviewer2359183 on Dec 28, 2014

I used to use this protein powder regularly to up my protein intake. That was also the time when I would get severe breakouts all over my face, particularly on my jaws. I did a lot of research and tried everything I could - keeping a diet journal recording everything that I ate, taking up elimination diets, stopping certain supplements, buying and switching all kinds of acne products, etc. - to no avail. All this time I was still using this protein powder almost on a daily basis because never did it once occur to me that this could be the culprit. It was through a painfully long and frustrating process that I finally got it figured out. As soon as I stopped using this protein powder, my breakouts also ebbed away. I was dumbfounded at first, then it all became clear when I found out that it actually contained fermented soy (natto). Just wanted to share my experience in case somebody out there is having similar issues!

Best Vegan Protein Supplement

Posted by RubiesHealth on Sep 01, 2011

I love the taste, even in dry form! Taste best when mixed with chalky fruit juices like guava, mango, passion fruit, pulpy orange (to mask the natural powdery texture). If you like the malty fragrance like I do, you can add it to many things, including home-made bread mix, biscuit mix, salad cream, even ice-cream recipe. This product is manufactured by dehydration, so water intake must increase to prevent heatiness in your system. The powder is very fine and light and can easily cause throat irritation if you inhale it accidently.

Excellent vegetarian protein food

Posted by Reviewer2304764 on Jun 13, 2011

For many years I was having a vegetarian protein drink and stopped taking it because it contained soy.It has been very difficult to find a dairy /soy/sugar free protein drink so I have been very happy to find this product.I ordered 2 jars and have just finished the first one and will be placing another order very soon.The price of the product is reasonable for an organic protein powder,I was paying more for my previous protein and it was not organic.As far as taste goes I have no problem with the bland taste and enjoy it, I prefer it to others that are loaded with additives and fillers.I am very impressed with the service from iHerb and received my order in 4 days and I live in Victoria Australia.

I LOVE THIS ITEM!

Posted by Reviewer1539203 on Jun 30, 2011

low sugar.. high protien.. low calorie..

raw food

Posted by Reviewer3055813 on Jul 01, 2011

I was really nervous about trying this product. All the reviews seemed bad. Some said they were going to compost this stuff because of the taste and others said to suck it up and be a man, this stuff is good for you. I was really reluctant to try it, but was very pleasantly surprised. I love the taste. I was a "non litmus taster in high school." The taste is not the problem. The problem is the digestion. It has been difficult for me to digest. I am still trying it with different enzymes. I want it to work because it does feel healthy.