Garden of Life, RAW Protein, Beyond Organic Protein Formula, 22 oz (622 g)

A source of happiness and yumminess

Posted by Reviewer3097799 on Jan 09, 2012

the first time I tried this, i thought the flavor was bland and like flour. And then I tried it again the next day....somehow my body must have registered how fabulous it is for my health, because it tasted sweet like candy in comparison. My body loves this protein, and it is my favorite to use. I have tried many many proteins because I am a body builder who is allergic to soy and cannot use whey. This is fabulous and far surpasses the happiness I ever got from whey after a workout!

Mild Taste

Posted by Reviewer2559205 on Jun 01, 2011

I think the tase is probably somewhat individual and may depend on what you put it in. I think it is very mild tasting, mixes well and even in plain water with a little stevia it actually tastes good to me. Goes good with smoothies also with fruit and yogurt.

Not as bad as some say

Posted by brobin on Jul 03, 2012

Pleasant and tolerable flavour. "Chalkiness" can be alleviated by mixing than letting stand for a few minutes before drinking. This product was cleared by the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service.

great product, terrible packaging!

Posted by thesavagesage on Aug 26, 2011

I love the protein. It's not sweetened, so you have to expect that it won't be sweet on it's own. I appreciate being able to flavor it to my own specifications. But the labeling on the package - UGH! When you open the package, you have to cut the protective film. Well the protective film is the label itself. So, the first time I opened it, the WHOLE package label came off in one piece!! Now I have a plain, white, unmarked plastic canister. I have to look it up online whenever I need to know the nutrient breakdown, etc. GOL, I'm really disappointed in you.

Very healthy, but tastes terrible

Posted by Reviewer3333110 on May 23, 2011

This is a great protein supplement, but it tastes terrible. It comes through no matter what you make it with. I've tried fruit, juice, rice milk - they all make it worse. I've been very disappointed in the taste of Garden of Life products and it's a shame - because I think they are excellent quality.