Garden of Life, RAW Meal, Beyond Organic Meal Replacement Formula, Chocolate Cacao, 2.7 lbs (1.2 kg)

10/10 Meal Replacement Shake. Unique and Compatible with other Ingredients!

Posted by CatherineFord on Jan 11, 2013

I have tried other GOL products and they're very unique compared to anything else on the market so I knew this Raw shake was going to be interesting. Just a quick note: Raw means nothing in it is cooked over 112 - 116 degrees. The benefits of this is the body treats it as living food which according to solid research is the best you can do for overall health. Opon opoening the container, smelling it then tasting it my partner and i were very pleased with it and we will stick with it too. People should do their own research on the company + Jordan Rubin the founder a great pioneer of the Raw Food movement :) With all the mineral and vitamin deficiencies around the globe you will be glad to know this shake is loaded with a full spectrum natural based vitamin and mineral blend. I still take a multi but knowing that this shake has all these positive nutrition benefits plus a flavor that you can get used to very quickly I'm giving it a 10/10. We added coconut water powder and water into a blender to make this shake plus a few ice cubes. Next time we Will be adding a banana to make it even more yummy and filling but as a stand alone product it's great as it is. This shake sets a gold standard in meal replacement shakes! It's  an Awesome meal replacement or just to add in extra nutrients into the diet if maybe you think your body can do with more nutrients. It has high fiber, high plant based protein, and is allergy free. And lastly it does contain coconut flour which some people may not be able to take but 99.99% of people would be good to go! So that's my review! To good health everyone :) From John Pilbrow and Catherine Ford (Paremata, New Zealand)

Losing weight

Posted by Reviewer2532046 on Dec 18, 2012

I drink this for breakfast everyday. I mix it with Almond milk for a thick rich taste. The chocolate flavor actually tastes great with almond mix and decent with water. It keeps me feeling full until lunch. I also drink some for an afternoon snack rather than munching on something bad. It's only about 300 calories per serving and that greatly reduces my daily intake. I am losing weight thanks to this.

Chocolate Raw Meal

Posted by 5162554888645266325 on Jan 13, 2013

A great product, however it was a bit too sweet for me to order it again. I can only have half the recommended amount, generously diluted due to the sweetness. I am not usually fussy with flavor unless it is overbearing!!

Not so great

Posted by Reviewer3310018 on Feb 19, 2013

I usually drink Vega One. However, this shake was a bit cheaper so I decided to give it a try, and it wasn't a good decision. It tastes like I would imagine mud to taste, and it is very grainy. The only thing about this mix that is better than vega one is the pretty colors on the packaging. I won't be ordering this again.

Really disappointing

Posted by 5699076187081119180 on Mar 21, 2013

I let the good reviews influence me when I bought this product. I shouldn't have. It's quite expensive and not worth the money at all. It tastes absolutely awful. One serving is two enormous scoops that turn into a viscous mud-like substance. It's like drinking dissolved flour, very grainy. I tried mixing it into a smoothie with bananas, raspberries and some almond milk... It still didn't over the awful taste. After paying this much money for a protein powder, I would like to be able to enjoy it and I just can't with this product.