Quality ingredients, Quality product!

Posted by 5506758257232016975 on Aug 17, 2016

As for the texture: I can say that it does have a slightly gritty texture compared to other shakes. Considering that it is made with raw organic plant based vitamins and minerals and contains live enzymes, probiotics, and fiber, I think the texture is fine. As for the flavor: I tried my first shake with just water and it was tolerable however I usually make my shakes with milk and 1-2 bananas and they are AWESOME!! I would describe the flavor as a rich organic flavor with a nice tone of natural vanilla. It is not sweeter than it should be and doesn't have any flavors that stand out. I feel great after having my morning shake. It gives me enough energy to start my day and it keeps me satisfied until lunch time easily. I have reordered 3 more.

Garden of Life Raw Meal

Posted by Reviewer2349954 on Jul 01, 2015

A friend recommended Raw Meal to me, and I was a little skeptical, especially considering the price, but I'm glad I tried it. I've tried other expensive organic meal replacement powders before, and they're ok but I was usually hungry pretty quickly after taking them, and still wanting more protein. With this one my body feels different: calmer, I have an even energy, and am satisfied for quite a while afterwards. Garden of Life just changed the formula a bit, now the vanilla is a bit too sweet for me and has a little aftertaste (too much stevia), so I'll have to see if I can adjust to the flavor. I hope it continues to work as well as the previous formula - if so I'm a loyal customer for years to come.

love the ingredients

Posted by 4686625868884472565 on Nov 15, 2013

gets goopy fast cause of the raw ingredients so i down it as soon as i finish blending it. doesn't taste very good at all with water so i first blend water with a banana, frozen or not frozen. then i add the powder and blend for a fast 10-15 seconds. if you blend the banana and powder at the same time, it'll take too long and the drink will start to get goopy. add the powder last and blend for a short period of time, then drink before it gets too thick. i only do the one scoop, two is too much. i really appreciate all the great ingredients in this thing.

horrible

Posted by 4664432526290330824 on Jul 11, 2016

This was like drinking SAND. So mad my money has gone right down the drain... I gagged with every drink. I drink green smoothies and have no problem. This was a complete texture problem. It was so gritty it was intolerable. The flavor itself was good but it doesn't make up for the texture issue. Really disappointed.

Satisfied

Posted by 5687927412647844577 on Aug 20, 2016

Good ingredients, keeps me full.

Highly recommended.

Posted by 4616951517651944098 on Sep 20, 2016

Tastes great, it has essential daily vitamins and I feel so much better since I began drinking this Garden of Life Meal Shake. I find the Vanilla tastes better than chocolate, however I still like to mix it around for variety. And it's very affordable in comparison to other brands. It especially tastes great with natural almond milk.

recommended

Posted by 5709732440460301870 on Oct 29, 2016

Great product

A Powder that tastes good.

Posted by Reviewer2645209 on Jun 11, 2013

I have the Chocolate flavor. I usually don't like vegetarian stuff like this, however this mix is a pleasant surprise. Like the chocolate, it will jell on you if you let it sit an hour. You better bring a large comfortable spoon to the gym with you. You can actualy eat this stuff like pudding within the hour of mixing it. You can imagine you're dead if you eat it without enough liquid Right?

Great protein

Posted by Reviewer1329547 on Jan 31, 2014

Very happy

Garden of Life Raw Meal

Posted by 4811171158021966152 on Jul 16, 2014

Excellent product I recommend this to my clients who are looking for An easy, nutritious alternative to breakfast or lunch. I find it supports me through out my busy clinic days. I have tried all three flavours, I enjoy the original and Vanilla flavour But I do not have a sweet tooth. Many clients prefer the chocolate Flavour to the others. I wouldn't wish to be without it