July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Garden of Life, Raw Meal, Beyond Organic Meal Replacement Formula, Vanilla, 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg)

Terrible, thick, icky mess!

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on May 22, 2014

I wish I'd ignored the overwhelming positive reviews for this product, and I'm writing because my experience was so unusually bad. So much for my Raw Meal - make that a Raw Deal. Suffice to say that even with a large blender bottle and plenty of liquid (almond milk and water), the resulting "shake" is an unctuous, too-thick, gloppy gray mess that I had to try to choke down. Even if the taste were good (this is far from a non-dairy vanilla "milkshake" experience), the consistency would still be its biggest problem. The expression "Gag me with a spoon!" kept popping into my mind as I attempted my last swallow. A whole canister wasted - I'm going to try to make snack bars or protein balls out of the remaining powder. I can't imagine why other people like this product, other than the nutritive value. It is simply an awful meal replacement shake if you're looking for pleasant taste and consistency. By the way, I haven't reviewed anything on iHerb in quite a while, since I've been unimpressed with some people's attempts to get us to click on their links, etc. This reviewing feature on the site should be for honest feedback only, where we help each other out as consumers. Thanks to those of you who respect this.

Gloopy

Posted by Reviewer1074912 on Feb 11, 2014

If you don't drink it fast it turns into pudding. Not pleasant. If you are mixing with water or soy milk make sure to use half they recommend or you won't be able to drink it, you'll have to eat it with a spoon! I won't be buying it again.

taste terrible

Posted by 4989625802828331961 on May 17, 2014

The taste is quite unpleasant. It took me quite some time to get the stuff down my esophagus.

raw meal

Posted by Reviewer1398647 on Nov 07, 2012

the taste was okay but it turns into goo very quickly. became very undrinkable.

love it

Posted by 5574511561781951182 on Jul 25, 2013

use this everyday for breakfast.. the best way to start any day. I only use half the powder that is on the directions.. and it is thick. I mix it with almond milk and throw in an ice cube or two and blend in my blender.. drink quickly because it thickens. Amazing product.. fell wonderful and will feel full and satisfied for hours and hours