taste terrible

Posted by jacksiow on May 17, 2014

The taste is quite unpleasant. It took me quite some time to get the stuff down my esophagus.

Best vegan meal replacer.

Posted by 5071855144537468403 on Dec 16, 2014

I love this meal replacer...I still use it despite no longer being vegan. I know many people complain about the flavor, but I honestly enjoy it. It has a "green" taste with a sweet, mild vanilla aroma...and that's with me using unsweetened, unflavored almond milk. Another thing about this shake, it is THICK. Like, REALLY THICK (do to the Chia and Psyllium). I honestly use half of the amount you're supposed to use. I use 1, unpacked, scoop with about 14-16oz of either water, almond milk, or a combination of both. Once shaken, if you let it sit for 5-10min, it becomes thick. I sometimes drink half and fill it back up with more liquid and it still comes out with a thick body, so I can't fathom using the full, 2 scoop amount, I feel like I'd need to eat it with a spoon! It's satisfying, filling, delish. My dad has begun drinking it as well and is thoroughly enjoying it as well. Ps. you'll need a blender or shaker cup. A battery operated Vortex cup won't do. Believe me.

Garden of Life Raw Meal

Posted by Reviewer2349954 on Jul 01, 2015

A friend recommended Raw Meal to me, and I was a little skeptical, especially considering the price, but I'm glad I tried it. I've tried other expensive organic meal replacement powders before, and they're ok but I was usually hungry pretty quickly after taking them, and still wanting more protein. With this one my body feels different: calmer, I have an even energy, and am satisfied for quite a while afterwards. Garden of Life just changed the formula a bit, now the vanilla is a bit too sweet for me and has a little aftertaste (too much stevia), so I'll have to see if I can adjust to the flavor. I hope it continues to work as well as the previous formula - if so I'm a loyal customer for years to come.

love the ingredients

Posted by 4686625868884472565 on Nov 15, 2013

gets goopy fast cause of the raw ingredients so i down it as soon as i finish blending it. doesn't taste very good at all with water so i first blend water with a banana, frozen or not frozen. then i add the powder and blend for a fast 10-15 seconds. if you blend the banana and powder at the same time, it'll take too long and the drink will start to get goopy. add the powder last and blend for a short period of time, then drink before it gets too thick. i only do the one scoop, two is too much. i really appreciate all the great ingredients in this thing.

Garden of Life Raw Meal Replacement - vanilla

Posted by 4763393260179650095 on Oct 29, 2013

I have been using this product for a month now and still really like it. I have it for breakfast on the run and lunch if I don't have much time. From the reviews I read I thought this was going to taste really awful. I was pleasantly surprised, it was not nearly as bad as I envisioned. I drink it with rice milk and water and I find it is a bit gritty but i soon got used to it. One thing I learned which may be useful. Others have commented on how thick this becomes if left for very long. it is true it gets very gluggy and is more like eating a sludgy goo after a while. What I find that helps keep it liquid is cold, use cold rice milk and water, add ice when it is really warm and it stays thinner for much longer. I like the vanilla the best so far. Good luck, give it a try and I hope you enjoy this product.