It contains high level of toxic heavy metal :(

Posted by Ann-Hanalyza on Mar 03, 2014

Well, it has a perfect blend of protein but not very filling. The taste is quite good but the consistency is very thin. UPDATE on 3-4-2014 : If you read Natural Health News website, Mike Adam The Health Ranger did a heavy metal test on GOL Raw Protein & it's contain high level of lead, tungsten, & etc. Please go to the web site and check out the lab test. And PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION to limit the heavy metal in rice protein powder on the website. Thank you & God bless.

Great protein powder!

Posted by nattfisk on Aug 10, 2012

I just ran out of my usual protein powder, and decided to give this raw protein from Garden of Life a shot. Ordered it with chocolate flavor so that my husband could try it as as well. So far I'm VERY happy with the quality, the taste and the incredible boost this product gives me. After lifting heavy weights and living on a vegan diet, but without protein powder, my body didn't heal as fast as normal. Just two days after I started taking this together with my usual post-workout smoothie, I noticed that my muscles healed quicker and that I could lift heavier weights at the gym. The only negative I have to say is that I wish that there was chocolate flavor was even more chocolaty. I love cacao, so I add an extra tablespoon of pure cacao powder to my smoothies. My post-workout smoothie that really does the trick consist of 1/2 banana, 1/2 avocado, handful of fresh sprouts, handful of fresh spinach, 1 ts bee pollen, 1 ts flax seeds, 1 ts glutamine, 1 scoop Garden of Life protein powder, 1 tbs of cacao powder and two handful of frozen berries and 1/2 cup of rice milk or juice.

I like it!

Posted by australia on Nov 24, 2012

Tastes great. I mix this into a glass of milk and it can be a little grainy. Would be better in a smoothie. Has lots of great ingredients so it feels good to drink it.

Another good, safe protein

Posted by DoctorMav on Jan 03, 2013

I prefer this to Garden of Life's unflavoured version.

BEST BEST BEST!!!!

Posted by sweetheart on Jan 18, 2013

This product is simply AMAZING! It seemed a little expensive at first but when compared to other brands this product is SO MUCH BETTER! It contains so many more good ingredients than the others and it's ORGANIC unlike most others. And it doesn't have ANY fillers! The taste is good compared to most other protein powders. It mixes VERY well: No need to use shaker when mixing with water (I haven't tried to mix with juice or milk so I don't know if they mix as well as water). Consistence is very thin and water-like because it doesn't contain gel-forming ingredients like pectin or xanthan (which I think is a good thing, of course). I highly recommend this product. I just love this brand: everything they make seem to be really good quality. They are a bit more expensive than average products but they are absolutely worth it! The price-quality-ratio is excellent in this brand!

Garden of Life, Raw Protein, Beyond Organic Protein Formula, Chocolate Cacao, 23 oz (650 g)

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Jul 23, 2013

Add skimmed milk, not water. Skimmed milk makes it thicker and taste is better. My family is not stevia lovers, but with each day taste becomes more and more tolerable. Quality is amazing, because of these adds. Helps for muscle cramps! Contributes to bigger muscles more than others. Feed me more!

Good quality

Posted by christinelux on Feb 08, 2014

Delicious vegan protein. Would buy again. Although it's important to not that this is not sweetened in any way, adding a bit of stevia is probably reccomended.

horrible texture

Posted by 4784403899087746879 on Jul 09, 2013

The texture of this stuff is awful. I expected it to not be as good as whey protein, but im lactose intolerant and thought i'd give this a try. I wish I hadn't wasted my money! very hard to mix, grainy texture, doesn't dissolve and not a very nice flavour. managed to swallow one sip and I gagged. Will have to mix it into pancake batter to use it up!

Eck

Posted by 5537409594400185719 on Jul 17, 2013

From someone who has been through many protein powders this is by far the worst tasting and worst textured. If you're thinking of choosing this product because you actually have intolerance to whey or are vegan than fair enough you don't have many choices. But if you are choosing it to be "healthier" dont bother it tastes horrible and gritty no matter how much sweetener or other ingredients you add.

Not a fan

Posted by Reviewer2065135 on Dec 11, 2012

I usually buy Sun Warrior chocolate or vanilla and wanted to see what this was about. But I ultimately ended up regretting it. The texture was just so chalk-like and grainy. This protein powder does have stevia in it, but isn't actually that sweet. The taste leaves something to be desired. I wish I had just stuck with Sun Warrior instead.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »