It contains high level of toxic heavy metal :(

Posted by Ann-Hanalyza on Mar 03, 2014

Well, it has a perfect blend of protein but not very filling. The taste is quite good but the consistency is very thin. UPDATE on 3-4-2014 : If you read Natural Health News website, Mike Adam The Health Ranger did a heavy metal test on GOL Raw Protein & it's contain high level of lead, tungsten, & etc. Please go to the web site and check out the lab test. And PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION to limit the heavy metal in rice protein powder on the website. Thank you & God bless.

Grainy Texture

Posted by 4785534762334088435 on Jan 21, 2014

This was awful. I was interested in trying a whey protein alternative as I wanted to lay off dairy - but I couldn't get over the texture, or the bland flavor. Tastes like when you accidentally breathe through your mouth when you're somewhere really dry and dusty...times a million.

good

Posted by 4968784310734579075 on Nov 21, 2013

good

Bad taste!

Posted by Reviewer2645878 on Aug 08, 2013

It only took one scoop before I trashed the bottle. Has some great stuff in it, but just didn't like the taste.

Eck

Posted by 5537409594400185719 on Jul 17, 2013

From someone who has been through many protein powders this is by far the worst tasting and worst textured. If you're thinking of choosing this product because you actually have intolerance to whey or are vegan than fair enough you don't have many choices. But if you are choosing it to be "healthier" dont bother it tastes horrible and gritty no matter how much sweetener or other ingredients you add.

"Natural sweetener", too much for me!

Posted by InozarDeBenz on Jul 10, 2013

I had huge hopes for this one. Chocolate, and without artificial sweeteners. Well, they had the natural sweetener from the herb stevia in it, and it feels so sweet in my mouth and this special aftertaste of the sweetener resembles the same that I have got when tasting artificial sweeteners. It lasts for an hour, and even brushing the teeth and tongue doesn't help very much. This Garden of Life with Chocolate should instead been called "Garden of Life with Stevia". It simply doesn't agree with me, as much as I have really tried it. (Six different days.) I feel a bit nauseaus only due to the long aftertaste of the sweetener. Garden of life should reduce the amount of stevia. Since this is my personal experience, I rate it low.

horrible texture

Posted by 4784403899087746879 on Jul 09, 2013

The texture of this stuff is awful. I expected it to not be as good as whey protein, but im lactose intolerant and thought i'd give this a try. I wish I hadn't wasted my money! very hard to mix, grainy texture, doesn't dissolve and not a very nice flavour. managed to swallow one sip and I gagged. Will have to mix it into pancake batter to use it up!

Not a fan

Posted by Reviewer2065135 on Dec 11, 2012

I usually buy Sun Warrior chocolate or vanilla and wanted to see what this was about. But I ultimately ended up regretting it. The texture was just so chalk-like and grainy. This protein powder does have stevia in it, but isn't actually that sweet. The taste leaves something to be desired. I wish I had just stuck with Sun Warrior instead.