best B-complex out there

Posted by bianquita on Jun 07, 2014

great product, and Garden Of Life has informed me that the form of b12 in these is in fact Methylcobalamin and not cyanocobalamin as one review here claims.

Ok product

Posted by Healingbyrosie on Aug 18, 2012

I used this product for about a year. I liked it a lot at the time. It really did improve my energy levels and my mood and it is quite a natural product with added herbs etc. I found out that I had a malfunction with my B12 levels though even after taking it for a year. After research I have discovered that taking the cyanocobalamin form of vitamin B12 is actually quite damaging to the body. The body needs the form of B12 called methylcobalamin. If presented with cyanocobalamin it has to work extra hard to convert it into the usuable form (methylcobalamin) so that it can be properly absorbed and utilised. This whole process of conversion actually uses up the body's methyl groups to perform. So what ends up happening is that the B12 methyl groups in the body actually DECREASE when taking cyanocobalamin which is in effect saying that your body becomes lower or deficient in B12. I would highly recommend taking a usuable form of B12 and stay away from the cyanocobalamin. I currently use Thorne B Complex which has another form of B12 that is easier to convert (as I still need to take a full b-complex for the moment). However I am also using the Healthy Habits Vitamin B12 patches which are working extremely well. I would highly recommend those!!

natural B makes a difference

Posted by Reviewer3285319 on Feb 15, 2010

Apparently, some people don't absorb fractionated B vitamins well, and I seem to be one of them. Since I started taking Raw B-Complex, my mood has improved markedly; the feeling of doom I had for so long is gone, and I seem to have more emotional resilience in general. Terrific food-based product.

Recommended!

Posted by TMarchev on Jul 26, 2013

Good quality vitamins!

Yeast!!

Posted by Reviewer2859923 on Aug 12, 2012

I was disappointed to find that this product contains brewer's yeast, which I cannot consume. I should have read the ingredients more closely before purchase. I became drowsy and 'foggy' in the head, and when I realised what it might be, I stopped taking them and the symptoms disappeared. Be wary if you have a yeast allergy.

Vitamin b

Posted by Reviewer3289396 on Mar 23, 2010

This seems to be the only b complex that I have found that doesn't contain magnesium stearate.

Great for vegetarians or those needing a vitamin B complex boost

Posted by Reviewer3081762 on May 16, 2011

Having been a vegetarian for 16 years I am now facing a lifetime of vitamin B deficiency! This product gives me energy and I feel is well absorbed. I take 1 capsule twice per day. This is on repeat order.

These B Vitamins are wonderful !

Posted by Reviewer3343479 on Feb 03, 2013

I don't understand how they do it! I have tried all of the special b-complex formulations, including other food-based B vits and coenzymated versions, but somehow these are better. I feel better when I take them. Twice a day seems the best for me - At breakfast and dinner. I like 'em, but I wish they were a bit less pricey.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer3359199 on May 13, 2010

Raw B-Complex has given me so much more energy. I notice that it keeps me from holding water also. I'm confident that it is doing more than I realize. I feel great and I'm sixty.

GOL bottles are impossible to open

Posted by PurplePegasus on Apr 06, 2012

So far as reviewing the vitamin, it's a B complex and I take this for health maintenance but do not expect to see any results. I will now explain why sadly my review gives this 1 star: ALL of GOL bottles are virtually impossible to open! I had to ask 3 neighbors for help (even the big tall guy could not get it open!) since I have severe palm inflammation pain and every time I attempt to open a GOL bottle I get the flare up when it was dormant and will last several hours or days. For this reason I phoned GOL and regretfully let them know I will go back to buying Megafood and New Chapter brands (the only 2 I know to be comparable food based). And GOL uses soy which it cannot guarantee is non-GMO! (The label does not say non GMO). Also I was informed that other customers have brought this to their attention and yet they continue to use these impossible to open childproof caps. One has to wonder why they do not listen to customers. Sadly, all of the above didn't make me feel that GOL is a company I can trust anymore.