UPDATED REVIEW - Caused cystic acne

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 28, 2014

After using this shampoo I developed cystic acne on my upper back and shoulders that didn't resolve until I stopped using it. I reviewed everything else I was using on my body/ingesting and nothing else got rid of it. However - 48 hours after I stopped using this shampoo, the acne was improved (and has since fully resolved). Suggest this formula is unsuitable for sensitive systems (e.g. salicylates, phenols, etc). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

It adds a nice shine!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

My husband likes it, says it cleanses well and I think it adds a special shine. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Not for me

Posted by aunatural on Jan 07, 2013

I've been using this for a week and I haven't warmed to it. It's funny: it doesn't seem to clean away the oiliness yet it makes my hair dry and tangled. It feels a bit like washing your hair with fine silt, but it's very runny at the same time. It has a pleasant honeydew melon scent (much nicer than a lot of other sickly-sweet Giovanni products) but so far the smell is the only thing I really like about it.

Great product

Posted by pirlanta on Mar 30, 2012

I have different shampoos so I can't tell exactly what is the best. But Giovanni mark is wonderful. Special design, nice smell, good quality. This shampoo doesn't give much foam, but cleans hair very good, has original dark grey color and nice sweet smell. I use it with the same conditionner.

Good Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2621477 on Mar 07, 2010

This is the best yet. Some natural shampoos seem to make your hair hard but this shampoo leaves my hair soft with lots of body. I love the smell.

Great shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1588161 on Mar 04, 2010

This is a great shampoo, that re-invigorates the hair, helps with volume and over all shine and health. I love it!

Shampoo what a great smell

Posted by LoveBug67 on Aug 30, 2011

Excellent product good for dandrif too. My daughter just loves the smell too.

Dries out baby fine hair

Posted by ComancheDream on Apr 25, 2010

I normally use Giovanni's Max Volume shampoo...I've been incredibly faithful and impressed with that formulation. I decided to try the magnetic thanks to the reviews but found it really dried out my hair. It's great on my boy friend's thick, coarse floppy hair. Try the Max Volume formulation if you're cursed with soft baby fine hair.

Giovanni, Magnetic energizing shampoo

Posted by ChooseHealth on Jan 18, 2010

Fantastic shampoo, cleans very well and leaves the hair feeling soft and manageable. Fragrance free, that is what I like.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1244549 on May 12, 2009

I have chemical sensitivities and other shampoos were giving me terrible reactions. This one has wonderful ingredients, I haven't had any reactions and my curls are happy and not frizzing or eating my head like they used to do.