Giovanni, Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor, 6.8 fl oz (200 ml)

Reviews 3-star

Good Conditioner

Posted by Reviewer1996313 on Apr 29, 2011

It's definitely a good conditioner. The smell is subtle, with a hint of spring flowers. As soon as you apply it to your hair, you can feel the difference. It de-tangles well. I have chemically treated hair that is naturally wavy. When I used this product, if I let my hair air dry, I could tell the product was weighing it down a bit. I don't use this conditioner on a regular basis due to the fact that there's a better brand & product for my needs. I had to try this one just to see if by chance it could beat what I normally use. Sadly, it can't, but that's not to say it won't work for you! =) My mom, who has thick, wavy hair, loves this product. I give it three stars because it's a good product, and while I don't use it any more, it's still worthy of a good review.

That sickly sweet smell again!

Posted by Reviewer3238070 From Australia on Jan 07, 2013

In general I like Giovanni hair products a lot but a lot of them have this stomach-churning, sickly sweet smell that I cannot stand. This is one of those stinky products. A shame because for the benefit it provides to my hair, it's good value, but I prefer the Smooth As Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion for both scent and benefits.

Didn't notice a difference

Posted by 5588102188545391775 on Jun 11, 2013

I haven't repurchased this product. I am not the biggest fan of Giovanni products, but I really like to use deep conditioners along with my regular conditioner after everytime I wash my hair. I purchased this because it was the only one I could find on Iherb. I don't notice any difference when I use this product. Maybe because the conditioner (Desert Essence Coconut conditioner) I am using is really good? It doesn't feel softer or seem smoother. I suspect if you have a less nourishing conditioner then you may see some more dramatic results like other people have mentioned. Not thrilled with it. I finished it, but I won't be repurchasing it. Maybe try the Desert Essence conditioner because I am really happy with that and can recommend it.

Not sure if it works.

Posted by Reviewer1070153 From Singapore on Jul 17, 2013

I've only tried it twice. The directions say to leave it on hair 10 mins. Since I don't have time in the shower, I only have it on for a min or two. So maybe that's why I don't see much of an effect on my horribly dry hair that's always tangled.

There are better treatments out there

Posted by aSolitaryCyclist From Sweden on Aug 30, 2013

Can live without it, there are better treatments out there with natural ingredients. This feels fat and stiff. Hair is not remarkably better and this reconstructor does not make it easier to comb. It is not completely worthless, but I see no reason to buy it again.