Giovanni Root Lift

Posted by Reviewer1418789 on May 19, 2011

I've been using Giovanni's mousse for about 9 months now and like it but was looking for something to give me a little more oomph and this does just that. For reference, my hair is long-ish (a few inches past my shoulders) and layered. I typically wash my hair at night and would wake up to pretty flat hair. I spray this around my crown, lifting in sections, then flip my head over and spray a couple times at the roots at the nape of my neck. Let it air dry a bit then head to bed. Now I wake up with nice volume and subtle waves. It's not sticky at all and the scent is virtually non-existent. I would buy this again and would recommend it to others.

like it

Posted by Reviewer1007082 on Jun 23, 2011

it does give my fine hair volume, but I have to wash my hair every day, otherwise, it looks dirty the next day.

Great for lifting the crown

Posted by Reviewer2862489 on Feb 19, 2010

I am a hairdresser and love this product for volume and lift, especially in the crown area. It works best on thin hair, but does well on all hair types. Best results are on dry hair. Apply and then use the blowdryer to stiffen. I like it because it doesn't have any known toxins, so that I can use it confidently knowing that it won't affect anyone's health.

Great! Love this stuff!

Posted by ZenMama on Jul 12, 2009

This does exactly what it says and works great!! Will definately buy again!

Light yet effective!

Posted by Zihuana on Feb 15, 2011

I'm very pleased with this product; it seems very lightweighted but it lifts hair even without blowdryer, though my hair needs the dryer to really get up. Also what impresses me is that it doesn't feel like having hairstyling products on.

Very nice spray, just what I need,

Posted by Reviewer2778088 on Apr 25, 2010

some spitzes of this at the roots is all I use in my hair after washing and air drying to add some movement in my long straight hair No skin irritation, no weight, no stiffness, nice not too strong natural fruity smell that disappears quickly if you don’t like it.

Really Lifts

Posted by Reviewer1628805 on Sep 21, 2010

I have recommended this to two of my coworkers and have repurchased myself several times. I don't even use hairspray after this.

This works!

Posted by 4618051664073972893 on Feb 11, 2014

I have fine hair that's just past my shoulders. If I don't put something in it before I dry it, it's flat and oily by the next morning. I really don't like to wash my hair every single day because it really drys out the ends. I purchased this root volumizer, not expecting much, but I was really pleasantly surprised. The product I used to use was full of god knows what, and I wanted a healthier option. The first couple of products (another brand) that I tried didn't seem to be anything more than water, but this actually adds volume and prevents that oily look the next day. I believe a few reviews stated they experienced flaking, but I don't. I just spray it at the root of my bangs and throughout the crown, and I don't spray too much in one spot. I always keep the bottle moving when I'm spraying. The ONLY thing I don't like about this is the sprayer. It tends to be a little difficult for two reasons: the first is that a small amount of product leaks out which makes it slippery, and the second is that it can be difficult to press the nozzle down. I'm hoping this is just a fluke with my bottle, and I'll find out when I reorder... which I will.

maybe

Posted by Reviewer2235846 on Jul 06, 2012

i have long,healthy hair. i doidt see much volume after using this, but i think its because my hair is too heavy. But the smell is really nice!

Not good

Posted by holahola on Oct 13, 2010

Great the first day, bur makes my hair very flat the next day, and makes my scalp itch. Good smell.