Guaranteed Best Value for Natural Products!

Giovanni, Smooth As Silk, Deep Moisture Shampoo, 8.5 fl oz (250 ml)

Great clarifying power with no SLS

Posted by azarova on May 14, 2013

Most of the non-SLS shampoos don't clarify the scalp and leave buildup in the hair, most of the SLS shampoos leave the scalp dry, then over-oily and irritated. This shampoo actually does clarify! I was amazed how much buildup it has removed from my hair and how quickly. It smells really good and a little goes a long way. Moisture wise I am happy as well, I use it with Smooth As Silk Conditioner and Nutrafix hair reconstructor, and my hair got softer, smoother and even more straight. If you thought that this review was helpful, please feel free to press the "Yes" button.

Lathers!!

Posted by Reviewer2357072 on Nov 16, 2008

I was looking for a no sulfate shampoo (because I have color-treat my hair), after not finding much I recognized searching the internet. I went to our local organic chain food market and pick this product. After two shampoos, I knew I needed more and iherb.com had much better prices than I found locally. Shampoo lathers well and even more if you do a little pre-shampoo (wet hair apply a litte bit of shampoo and quickly work through hair, rinse and then shampoo again). This product helps with my frizz from having naturally curly hair and even makes my hair shine. I feel it is also helping with color fading, like I had read about No Sulfate shampoos. Smell is good, but not lasting, which I prefer.

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO

Posted by Reviewer2194924 on Feb 03, 2011

It smells great, it lathers well and cleans as well as any commercial or salon product. It may be a little drying but the Giovanni conditioner works well to correct that. (I have rather oily hair so the drying qualities work best for my hair type.)

smooth as silk shampoo

Posted by craftygirl on Oct 15, 2009

this is far the best system i have ever used by giovanni or any other natural shampoo. Used with the conditioner this is the best system ever, I have fine, medium hair with lots of grey and this keeps everything shiny, soft and the way it was years ago.

Sooo silky!!

Posted by Reviewer3209953 on Jan 28, 2011

This is the best shampoo I have ever used. I have a sensitive scalp and it doesn't irritate my scalp, and it doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped. I think it's pretty gentle. It also defines my curls a little. I have used this on relaxed and natural 4b/4c hair and I absolutely love it. I wouldn't use anything else.