Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1599652 on Jan 09, 2012

I am a 24yr old black woman, and this product works for me. It left my hair feeling a tad dry but I used the Giovanni direct leave in conditioner after wards and my hair felt amazing! I've been on a search for a great product for natural black hair, this one seems to be the best shampoo I've used.

Like it, but ingridients could be better

Posted by Lucky-me on Oct 11, 2012

Liked this shampoo, but wish ingredients would be better. Also need to use conditioner together because after using only shampoo my hair are too dry.

not as good as for other people

Posted by 5426359968358521112 on Apr 22, 2013

I guess I expected much more from this product. There are so many 5-star reviews for this shampoo, but I can't give it more than 4 stars. It's certainly better than mass market shampoos, but not good enough to make me buy it again. May be it just doesn't work for my hair.

Cleansing

Posted by Reviewer2652228 on Mar 23, 2014

Good for curly hair. Strips the hair of heavy hair products.

Affordable cleaner shampoo

Posted by TessTess on Apr 02, 2012

Lather: soft and rich, enjoyable. Moisture: must follow with hair conditioner. Scent: smells sweet and pleasant, does linger on the hair. Residue: no Price: affordable but not entirely clean ingredients. Thus deduct 1 star.

Nice shampoo. too pricy for a shampoo.

Posted by CombinationEczema on Aug 28, 2012

This is a nice shampoo that really smells like an actual greapfruit - I didn't like it at first but got used to its refreshing smell. Only minus is that Price is a bit too steap for a shampoo.

My girlfriend likes this...

Posted by acumen on Aug 19, 2013

... as it's quite light, but still cleansing and makes your hair feel clean for a long time. PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

Not so moisturising, but good

Posted by aunatural on Jun 04, 2012

My hair is very fine and the ends a bit dry, but my scalp is very oily. I've found the routine that works best for me is to wash daily using the following types of products: 1) An astringent shampoo to clean the oiliness 2) A moisturising shampoo to make it silky 3) A very light, leave-in conditioner, to nourish the ends and also to prevent my scalp from over-producing sebum. I thought this shampoo would fill the #2 spot but I don't feel that it's very moisturising. However, it actually does a really great job as #1, without leaving my hair feeling completely stripped of moisture. Hence I am buying it again. The scent was a bit much at first (rather sickly sweet) but I got used to it quickly and it doesn't linger, particularly since I use 2 other products afterwards. I like the ingredients of the Giovanni products, and the value is fantastic, but I do wish they'd get rid of that horrible sickly-sweet scent that seems to be their trademark. Still, if you can get past the scent, this would probably serve as a great shampoo for most hair types, and the bottle looks great!

i have oily roots and damaged hair

Posted by 5354302771783586828 on Apr 06, 2014

i can detangle and smooth out my hair during i wash it, it's amazing!

I Love the smell!

Posted by MasksOffMasksOn on Mar 03, 2014

This is a nice Shampoo, made my hair feel nice and soft, my hair looked good while I was using it, but I can't say it really offers something special that no other shampoo can give you... Maybe besides the AMAZING orang scent!