Gluten-Free Pantry, Glutino, Perfect Pie Crust, 16 oz (454 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

A+ crust

Posted by Reviewer2380049 on Mar 15, 2009

This crust is light and flaky. None of our guests could tell the difference from the crust I made with wheat flour and shortening. It'a a hit at our house.

This makes pretty good pie crust

Posted by Reviewer3133067 on May 01, 2009

Pretty good for gluten-free. I only gave it a 4, but for gluten-free it should probably get a 5. My grandma made the best pie crust, but then again it wasn't gluten-free.

Better crust than if I made it with wheat flour.

Posted by Reviewer2899795 on Dec 06, 2009

This mix makes a great pie crust, very flaky.

Very Frustrating to work with but produces a tasty, light and flakey pastry

Posted by Reviewer3101973 on Dec 08, 2013

When making pie pastry I wasted a lot of time by following the instructions and trying to roll this out as I would normal pastry. Even when using plastic wrap to support the dough (as instructed), it fell apart every time I tried to transfer it to the pan. Out of desperation to produce my pie on time for Thanksgiving, I eventually just pressed pieces of dough together into the pan, It still came out surprisingly flakey. In fact it is so flakey that you need to be careful not to touch it once it is cooked or it instantly crumbles. It tasted good - much better than the GF crust I made from scratch. I would buy it again but I will ignore the instructions on the box for rolling out the dough.

Great

Posted by CindyW on Jun 26, 2013

I'm so thankful for the many different gluten free products. It tastes just like wheat if not better!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »