The Smell Made Me Vomit

Posted by Reviewer2030676 on Mar 21, 2010

Ok, I know this won't seem fair, and, apparently, many many people are just fine with the scent of this soap. To me, it was similar to new leather shoes(amplified & mixed with other disgusting smells), and maybe y'all are good with that. I opened this soap, excited about the prospect of soothing my eczema. The bar's odor was mildly unpleasant when dry, but I shrugged and wet it anyway. Unfortunately, I immediately began to gag and had to swallow down vomit which filled my mouth (hey, organic food is expensive). I held my breath and quickly swiped the soap over my body, rinsed, and opened my windows for fresh air. Positive note: The smell dissipated quickly from my skin & the soap didn't aggravate my allergies. In conclusion, if you are sensitive to strong smells, buy something else. I am sticking with my Dr.Bronner's from now on.

Too soon to review

Posted by Reviewer1154076 on Apr 17, 2011

Have ordered it for my son who has dandruff. have yet to receive input from him. Ordered it to S'pore and have sent it through someone to him to US! Was impressed with the reviews from others. May be after 2 months will be able to give review.

Ta-Ta Tar Soap

Posted by NatalieKennedy on Aug 11, 2016

I really wanted to use this product in order to get rid of dandruff. Unfortunately, the product left my hair so dull, and limp (even my mother who was visiting noticed) I didn't want to use it again. I find the smell a little too over powering. I love woody smells, but this is burnt smelling. I will try it again, but would definitely have to use normal shampoo to follow in order to prevent the limp, dry, unmanageable hair the next day. Has anyone tried a tar shampoo that is useful?