Just so you know...

Posted by Reviewer2006658 on Jan 22, 2008

Let me start off by saying that this soap is fantastic (as long as you can tolerate the smell). It does a great job at keeping your skin hydrated, even during the winter months. It is worth noting that the 4.25 oz bar is the original formula from 1878 which contains sodium tallowate (animal fat) as its base. Although I do not consider this a problem, some users may prefer a vegetable based alternative. If so, go with the 3.25 bar. It contains all of the same ingredients as the 4.25 oz bar, minus the animal fat.

This soap transformed my life (seriously)!!

Posted by Reviewer1146734 on Feb 19, 2011

I ordered this soap after developing an extremely severe rash after delivering my son. This condition, known as PUPPS, occurs in some small percent of pregnant women/new mums. The rash was AWFUL -- insanely itchy and spreading fast all over my body. Medical science doesn't quite know what causes it, and the GP couldn't offer me any medication as I was breastfeeding. On researching it online, I found that several women had benefited from using Grandpa's Wonder Pine Tar Soap, so I ordered some. iHerb delivered it in record time for a very reasonable cost (I live in the UK and it's not available here). The soap is FANTASTIC! My rash was much, much better in a few days, 80-90% better in 2 weeks, and now, 3 weeks later, it has more or less vanished. This soap saved my life!! It does have a bit of an unusual smell, but I got used to it very quickly.

Happy Customer!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1848422 on Feb 16, 2012

My Husband has really bad acne. He has been applying this soap as directed. Two times a day and it has cleared his face up within 1 month.I would recommend this product to any one that has acne problems. Happy Customer!!!

FANTASTIC... VERY GOOD FOR SCABIES RASHES

Posted by Reviewer1620280 on Sep 20, 2011

It really helps to clear most of the rashes caused by scabies, within a week you can feel most of the redness & itches greatly reduce....By the third wk it's almost all gone, just could not believe it. It's like a miracle.... Had tried many expensive products & herb for months but doesn't help much. Grandpa Wonder Pine Tar Soap is great, highly recommended.... Thank you Iherb for the great services ....

Best soap ever!

Posted by Reviewer1897629 on Jun 28, 2009

I've been using this product exclusively for several yrs now. I have multiple chemical sensitivity & most soaps leave me with atopic dermatitis on my hands. When I had a serious bout of dermatitis on my leg (from lavendar castile soap) I used pine tar soap to wash the area & then rubbed in jojoba oil every day. In 2 weeks the patch was almost gone! This soap doesnt dry out my skin or cause any problems at all. I even use it to wash my hair once in awhile & follow with a vinegar rinse. Very good product!! (The ingredients are different in the larger bars then the smaller bars).

我家的皮膚出狀況都靠這顆!!!

Posted by 5102876181893728573 on May 28, 2015

本來是買非洲黑給一到夏天就濕疹大爆發的媽媽洗,後來外國友人介紹這款肥皂,說它能應付皮膚的各種疑難雜症,後來真的一試成主顧,只要聽到身邊有人皮膚有狀況,我一定大力推薦這顆皂!!!試過其他牌子的松焦油皂,但是就是沒有這一顆來得好~

雖然味道比較強烈,但對皮膚問題真的能夠明顯改善!!!

Posted by 4637131046627880038 on Jun 18, 2015

長年困擾我的後頸髮際處濕疹問題,在改成用這顆皂洗頭後,都好了!!! 連醫生開的藥膏都擦不好的濕疹,只是換成肥皂洗頭就解決了~

Worked wonder for my wife's pregnancy itch!!

Posted by 4904677560224544365 on Jun 23, 2015

My wife had pregnancy itch during her 3rd trimester of pregnancy. The affected area was at both of her feet and the itchiness was so unbearable that it affected her sleeps. After some research over the internet, we bought the soap for her and instantly after first use, she felt the relieve of her itchiness and after 2 weeks of usage, the red rashes and itchiness were completely cleared.

Oh boy, it stinks!

Posted by Does-it-do on Sep 04, 2013

And I love it! It foams, cleans, but the best part is that it really helps if you have problems with skin. I checked for something similar in local shops. I found some, but the price... it was SIX times higher than here. And had a lot of unnecessary additives. So, yeah, it STINKS, it HELPS, it makes you think about Grandpa when you taking shower, but... It is a good product. Hear me out - it is worth your atrention!

老公特别喜欢