July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Great Eastern Sun, Sushi Sonic, Real 100% Wasabi, 1.5 oz (43 g)

5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews

Sushi Sonic Real 100% Wasabi

Posted by 5168196092641661336 on Feb 15, 2014

I've only recently learned, or read, that most of what is sold in the U.S. is actually horseradish and mustard, particularly if it is in the form of paste, and may not contain wasabi at all. Therefore I have very little experience with true wasabi. In my search for real wasabi, true wasabi, 100% wasabi, wasabia japonica, I read a review comparing Sushi Sonic's to another brand I was considering ordering from a company outside the U.S. In the review, Sushi Sonic's came out on the short end as not "wasabi-ish". There was some suggestion of different parts of the plant being used which renders a different taste or experience. Because of the price and accessibility, I decided to give the Sushi Sonic's product a try. My initial experience was a little disappointing since I just added the powder to food I was preparing which had liquid in it. I thought that would be acceptable, but there seemed to be very little taste and the heat and sinus experience was missing. Since then, I've tried again, this time following the instructions on the container. After adding a little cool water to make a paste, I tasted it then let it sit. Initially there was little flavor or "zing". But the longer it sat, the more the flavor developed, and definitely improved. I'll have to experiment further to see if it is fully developed at 10 minutes or if it continues to get stronger given more time.

Wasabi is anti-cancer

Posted by 5561646142795126113 on Feb 25, 2014

I hope it is anti-cancer. But even if it is not, it taste great if you like mustard & horseradish you will most likely like this too. I love it with oats & salmon, tuna, sardines, or on my brown egg 12 grain bread sandwiches. Thomas the bible man

AWESOME

Posted by 5249073456112720556 on Dec 07, 2013

Thank you for the fast shipping and the Wasabi is great.