10% Off Orders Over $40!

Guayaki, Organic Yerba Mate, 25 Tea Bags, 2.6 oz (75 g)

THIS TEA IS HEAVEN-SENT!

Posted by Reviewer2305785 on Jun 22, 2008

I discovered Yerba Mate about ten years ago and drink it without fail every single morning. Personally, I don't know what I'd do without it!While coffee can ruin your system and make one nervous, Yerba Mate delivers a clarity, awakeness and balanced aliveness. Supposedly, it contains caffeine, but a nutritionist once told me that the compounds in Yerba Mate are "a cousin" of caffeine, but the FDA requires it to be called caffeine. If that's true, it would explain why it stimulates but IS NEVER HARSH on the nervous system or adrenals like coffee is. I think it's the PERFECT COFFEE SUBSTITUTE. I confess I drink more than a single bag - up to four bags a day sometimes. It is great for waking up, before meditation, before working out and super great for writing, reading and studying. While, Yerba Mate is fine by itself, I highly suggest trying a little chocolate flavored (or your favorite flavor) Almond Breeze, Soy Milk or Rice dream for flavoring and sweetness, or adding a little stevia. For us, Guayaki Yerba Mate tea is the most incredible tea on the planet!

The Best Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1564551 on Jan 23, 2008

What, this has something like 24 vitamins and minerals, and 15 amino acids...gives you energy, clarity and focus, and yes, ladies, can help with weight loss b/c can help curb your appetite...awesome stuff!! And good price on iherb!!

Great tea, Poor packaging

Posted by Reviewer2861035 on Mar 10, 2009

Love this tea. I feel like it perks me up, without the jitters and palpatations I get with other caffienated drinks. Tea bags are individually wrapped, and nearly impossible to get unwrapped without ripping open the tea bag itself. Save yourself some frustration (and money) and get this tea in the loose form and a tea ball (also available at iherb).

The Best Tea

Posted by Reviewer3319648 on Mar 12, 2009

I drink it with honey and milk - yummy. I hadn't read that it helps with elimination and the first day I had a couple of cups. Needless to say, I will stick with one cup from now on. When opening the individual package of the tea bag make sure to shake the bag down or you will tear the tea bag. Check out the loose tea - it's easy to prepare and cheaper.

Mate

Posted by Reviewer1000087 on Jul 24, 2008

Very good taste, not too acidic for me.