Health From The Sun, Omega 3-6-9, The Total EFA, Organic Vegetarian, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

great for skin/complexion

Posted by Reviewer1837551 on Dec 07, 2007

I read a book on how this combination will help balance our omega oils and clear up acne. I used it for a full month and after about 2 weeks my skin started to clear; by the end of the month I could eat about anything and not break out. I did find it for about $3.00 less someplace else. If you mix it with Kefir it makes it absorb into your system better. I buy the already made kefir in the grocery stores health food section for 3.50 a bottle. The best part is now I don't spend money on skin products; just kefir and total EFA! FYI; I used 1 T. per day, but I'm small. Perhaps someone larger might need more, but 1 -2T is what the book said to use. It also had made my fingernails grow like mad!!! Nice little exra :)

Excellent Omega product !

Posted by vinetu28 on Sep 01, 2012

Omega-3 fatty acids are a group of essential fatty acid nutrients derived from marine or plant sources. If you don't eat fish on a consistent basis, you may be deficient in oils that support healthy skin, hair and joint flexibility. It seems the food we are eating today is not doing the job and we have to take supplements to maintain health, not to mention, "striving for longevity." Truthfully, this supplement has changed my life in a number of ways. I have more energy, my joints feel less stressed while working out and it has now been proven that we need to either consume a lot more salmon or take supplements. All fatty acids hold enormous potential for the body, in that they are converted into other molecules that perform vital roles in regulating, mediating, inducing and countering myriad body functions. It’s not so much that one omega is inheritantly bad and another good; we just need them in the proportions Mother Nature spent so much time — 40,000 years or so! — meticulously fine-tuning. The problem is that adherents to the typical American diet take in stacks of omega-6’s and 9’s, which, if not balanced by 3’s, fiercely fuels the inflammatory fires. And we know this can lead to a litany of health issues. The ratio of omega-6’s to 3’s should be somewhere between 2:1 and 4:1. Instead, most of us are getting somewhere between 10:1 and 30:1. This overview of the differences between omega-3’s, 6’s and 9’s should give you a better idea as to why we hear so much about one fatty acid versus another. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution for evening out the imbalance that, unlike pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories or statin drugs, doesn’t involve risky side effects. It’s possible to quickly and effectively quiet much of the body’s inflammatory response directly by taking EPA and DHA supplements. When balance between the two sides of the inflammatory cascade is restored, inflammation is reduced.

Good product!

Posted by jasonjs on Sep 14, 2008

I have heard that this company blends organic quality oils so I've tried this total EFA blend. At first I thought it was rancid because of the taste, but I read other reviews stating this is how it's supposed to taste as it is not artificially flavored. I take 1 Tbsp of this in the morning and it just makes me feel great, and you begin to like the taste after a while. For that other reviewer who thought the product was rancid... it actually isn't rancid. That is how it tastes

Well Balanced EFAs

Posted by Reviewer2124570 on Feb 17, 2010

I'm not sure why some people complain about the taste. To me its one of the most tasty natural nutty flavor you can find. I love it and it has all three omegas. This stuff makes your nails grow like mad. I take 2 - 3 tablespoons per day though along with coconut oil and lecithin.

best oils

Posted by Reviewer1862001 on Mar 09, 2010

I love these oils. I add a tablespoon to a juice smoothie and it keeps me fuller so much longer. Before I started using them I would feel hungry about an hour after I drank my smoothie but now it keeps me full until breakfast the next morning. I drink a smoothie at night in place of eating dinner and the oils really make a difference. I notice my skin is less dry too.