Health Plus Psyllium Husk

Posted by Reviewer2183128 on Aug 18, 2013

This did not work as well as Now Foods Psyllium Powder for me in producing great BM's. This was certainly more bulky segmented BM's for me, more exertion needed. Like Dr. Oz's description of a great BM is that it should be a soft serve "S shape. Now Foods Psyllium Powder will create that kind of BM for me. This maybe too graphic for some people but its important to those who understand the problems with constipation. This product does not have a taste at all which is great. I did seem to have more gas with this one as compared to the Now Foods product. This Health Plus is fine in 4-6 ounces of juice, shake it real fast drink fast, it will settle as you drink the remainder, with bits to sort of catch in the throat but its ok, I can tolerate that. Today I put a heaping tablespoon in a fruit smoothy and I was not hungry at all for 5 hours! So maybe this product is great to curb the urge to snack between meals. I would recommend it for that and my guess is the gas would go away as I continue to adjust to it.

Very good value for healthy fiber

Posted by Reviewer1883988 on Dec 27, 2007

This is a very pure and high quality fiber. It doesn't have nearly the number of caloires as the regular store brands. It doesn't mix as well in water or juice, but that's a small price to pay for better quality.

K. Koser

Posted by Reviewer1710860 on Jan 22, 2008

This the best psyllium husk product I have found.Very little taste and pleasant taste.I couldn`t find it on iHerb when I wanted to reorder because iHerb doesnt bring it up unless you list Health Plus Inc.As a result,I ordered another brand,which I hated so much,I threw the 3 bottles away!From now on,I look for the brand name!

This is a habit worth the investment!

Posted by Reviewer1093455 on Dec 04, 2008

Okay, this might be too personal, but it's my experience. I used this product nearly once or twice a day for a year. Then, for some reason, I stopped using it (tired, lazy, bored, procrastinating). Within a couple of weeks I got so constipated I developed an anal fissure and my long-lost hemorrhoids came back after 5 years! Going back on this product helped me heal, but, unfortunately, now I have to get a colonoscopy and another hem surgery! It wasn't worth the slacking off! Get this product and use it twice a day to maintain your colorectal health and to prevent problems like mine! Sorry again for the graphic nature of this review, but, if you want honesty, take this to heart! Best wishes to all!

Pure Psyllium Husk

Posted by Reviewer3167341 on Mar 04, 2009

This is the finest quality psyllium husk I've found. It has a unique "nutty" flavor and rich natural color, which makes it easier to get down. If fiber and bulk are what you're looking for, this is an excellent source.

Best Fiber Yet!

Posted by Reviewer2153686 on May 02, 2009

Started using this 2X a day(a.m. and p.m.) and it started working the next day.I've tried everything on the shelf at Walmart and trust me, this is the only way to "GO".Started on Wed. and have been regular every day since.I bought 2 bags and use it at 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. regularly.Try mixing it in milk with some strawberry syrup and it tastes good, or try some Stevia in water for a sweeter taste.Follow instructions for amount to use.I used to have to force to go and now very little pressure.Believe me, this stuff works and I am 100% satisfied.God Bless.

Psyllium Husk

Posted by Reviewer2280453 on Aug 21, 2009

This product really works. It starts working from the moment you take it. I only drink it once a day at bedtime and I am more regular than I have ever been in my life. It works better than stool softeners and I really don't mind the taste at all.

Posted by 4684286776570169664 on Oct 01, 2013

When cooking my oatmeal in the morning I add a little extra liquid and a few teaspoons of this. It started to make a difference within a few days.

Could not do without it!

Posted by Reviewer3031617 on Dec 30, 2012

Absolutely essential item. It makes sure everything in the plumbing area is working smoothly!

Great Supplement for my smoothis

Posted by 5662261026766339041 on May 29, 2014

love the ease and great qulaithy using the Psyhlllium powder

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »