Using to overcome magnesium deficiency

Posted by Reviewer2654496 on Aug 23, 2011

This is my first experience with magnesium chloride. I take magnesium citrate regularly for restless legs syndrome and to prevent tooth grinding. However, I don't seem to be absorbing enough anymore because it's not working as well as before. Research led me to magnesium chloride. I mixed it 1:1 with boiling water to make a brine ("magnesium oil") and sprayed it on my feet and legs. I also tried it as an underarm deodorant, as I read it works well for that purpose. It stung terribly, so I diluted it 1:1 with more water. The sting was then bearable. It did work fairly well as a deodorant, but after two weeks, I got a rash on my underarms, so I stopped using it for that purpose. It feels very sticky and oily on the skin, so I leave it on for 20 minutes (that's allegedly enough time for the magnesium to be absorbed) and then rinse. I have a slightly metallic taste in my mouth so I seem to be absorbing it. My legs are less restless and I'm not grinding my teeth quite as much. So even though it's a bit unpleasant to use it in the manner I have, it's worth it to me because I needed to overcome a magnesium deficiency. I haven't yet used it in a bath, which would be at a much lower concentration than I used for the spray, but I believe it's similar to epsom salts, which I like. There wouldn't be any stinging at such a low concentration, of course.

Very little for a lot of money

Posted by 5477680638569903795 on Jul 22, 2012

The magnesium bath crystals can easily be substituted with the Pure Magnesium Flakes. Both have a similar up front cost, but the one bottle is about 10 times the size of the other. You get about 4 baths from this and it's gone.

Relaxing

Posted by Reviewer1833162 on Sep 08, 2012

This product is very relaxing to use in the bathtube. Soak for half an hour and let your skin absorb the magnesium. You could also make your own magnesium oil of the crystals and then spray it on your skin for absorption of magnesium via the skin. I would recommend this product.

Highly absorbable

Posted by Reviewer2188425 on May 24, 2014

I'm another person who makes a very effective magnesium oil for topical use out of these crystals plus distilled water. I fill up a cheap bottle with the mixture and apply some squirts of it on my belly in the evenings before bedtime. I sleep like a baby, and it reduces my restless leg syndrome.

I make my own mag oil spray with this as a base

Posted by Reviewer2589455 on Aug 14, 2013

I'm using this to make a spray of mag oil. It's cheap and effective :)

For Chemotherapy survivors...

Posted by Reviewer1364005 on Aug 16, 2011

I gave this product to a friend as a gift. A few years ago, she went through a series of chemo for breast cancer. What I did not know what that it ruined her toenails..and in just one soak of her feet for 15 mins., when she took her feet out of the water, then besides being very soft, she told me that her nails are normal again.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1880669 on Jan 19, 2012

Makes my skin feel really soft. I need to test it over longer periods to confirm results.

Delightful!

Posted by Reviewer3310420 on Aug 29, 2011

good to make spray oil with

Posted by Reviewer2924183 on Jun 23, 2011

Use it for feet

Posted by Reviewer1736731 on Jun 23, 2011

I Don't have a bathtub, so I use it to soak my feet in. Makes skin very soft. I have low magnesium levels. curious to see if this can help boost my levels (togheter with another magnesium supplements). Time will show, to soon to tell as of now.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »