HealthForce Nutritionals, Truly Natural Vitamin C, 17.6 oz (500 g)

Reviews 1-star

Is 20% Corn Sugar! Not good!

Posted by 5306663974144777526 on Mar 05, 2014

I just received this and when I looked at the label, I saw "Non GMO corn maltodextrin as a drying medium" listed under "Other ingredients." I didn't know whether that meant there was a dessicant packet inside or whether the maltodextrin was in the product itself, so I called the LifeForce company and they told me that the product is TWENTY PERCENT Corn maltodextrin (which is a fancy name for corn SUGAR)! I did not bother to open the jar and I'm bothered that this was NOT fully disclosed in the iHerb listing of the product. To me, that's deceptive and not in keeping with the otherwise good information on this site. LifeForce also was not totally honest in not listing that on the label, because it surely will affect the amount of carbs as well as its behavior in the body. Nutrient information is supposed to include those kinds of things, as far as I know. Anyone who is concerned about carbs or high glycemic foods should stay away from this entirely, not to mention all of those who might be allergic to corn! Sheesh!

very sour