Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMSA (dimercapto succinic acid)

Posted by Reviewer3114870 on Jan 29, 2010

Alpha Lipoic Acid works great (if you have mercury toxicity - caused by e.g. mercury fillings and/or vaccines) , but It should best be taken with DMSA. But be careful to take it every 3 hours (around the clock) for 1 or two weeks. Make a break for 4 to 5 days and start again. More about this you can find in Andrew Hall Cutler's book (Amalgam Illness diagnosis and treatment, ISBN 0-9676168-0-8). It brought me back to life.

Did the research

Posted by Reviewer2069053 on Oct 11, 2012

What you should buy is pure R-ALA, not this (mixture of S- and R-ALA). I did the research, and this form of ALA is not the one to buy, regardless of brand. You can find R Lipoic Acid (aka R-ALA) on iHerb, too.

Excellent antioxidant

Posted by Sprinkles on Oct 12, 2009

Dr. Mercola highly recommends an alpha lipoic acid supplement for its high antioxidant properties, especially taken with Vitamin C shortly before heavy exercising, to keep internal cellular damage to a minimum when over-exerting through exercise. Antioxidants have an "anti-aging" action of sorts also. Vitamin C and alpha lipoic acid are both water-soluble and thus do not hang around in the body for a long time, so it's best to take them shortly before the exercise session so they can do their job properly and help protect you.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by Reviewer1999653 on Jan 26, 2009

This is a supplement I have used habitually for over two decades. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is interested in supporting their ongoing health and fitness.

Fighting Inflammation

Posted by 5630824526506231067 on Apr 25, 2015

Used in conjunction with Healthy Origins, Now Foods, NAC, (N-Acetyl Cysteine), 600 mg, 100 Veggie Caps (NOW-00085)and Jarrow Formulas, L-Glutamine, 750 mg, 120 Capsules (JRW-15012)to help boost my glutathione levels, this has been a real winner at taking inflammation out of a very tired, arthritis-filled post-injury/surgery knee. I really notice the difference when I stop taking it, with the joint becoming angry and fluid filled.

No bad reactions

Posted by Reviewer1276356 on Nov 28, 2011

I was using 50mg and had change about a week ago to 100mg. I'm felling good.

Soother

Posted by 5485951632908139042 on Jul 01, 2014

This is great for internal inflammation. I have alot of it through my body, but mainly in the digestive system and when I stop taking this, I really norice it.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1841060 on Apr 02, 2011

I use this for mercury chelation, according to the Cutler protocol. I am very satisfied with the product.

efficient and prompt

Posted by Reviewer2472203 on Jan 27, 2012

I've had at least 3 re-orders already from iHerb of a vitamin that I constantly take. They deliver promptly and make it easy for me to track my order through their email updates. The orders do arrive within the time frame as promised (and it has been in 2 continents by far). They have a link, too, for swift re-ordering right from your inbox, and lately, I've been entitled to price reductions.... It also happens that the product I order is just the right one. A similar product in health stores have some other ingredients that are not suitable for my needs...They also seem to have more than one brand of the same generic product for more choices.

Good value and one of the only 100mg ALA out there!

Posted by Reviewer2820125 on Feb 08, 2008

A great deal on ALA. First time I tried it, but quality seems to be just as good. I wanted to find a 100 mg, which is hard to do these days, because research shows ALA can interfere with thyroid hormone and I don't want that!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »