10% Off Orders Over $40!

Healthy Origins, Alpha Lipoic Acid, 300 mg, 60 Capsules

detox with Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by Reviewer3344574 on Jul 24, 2009

I am 79 years old, but in excellent health. I have been having increasing trouble controlling my abdominal fat. Then, I was hit with a very severe case of shingles. A red flag, so I embarked on a detox program including Alpha Lipoic Acid, Glutathione, and Vitamin C in fairly high doses, with selenium. Not only has this been helpful with the shingles, but my hair is darkening, and moles are falling off. KR+

bad for thyroid

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Nov 25, 2009

If you are on thyroxine or even armour thyroid like me be careful of this stuff, it decreases your t4 to t3 conversion, had to upp my armour dose considerably and it has 20% t3 in it, would'nt take this if i was on synthroid. Apart from that it really really works, i was mainly taking it for a liver that is sluggish, plan to stick with it but at a smaller dose of 100mgs.

Fountain of Youth in a Pill

Posted by Reviewer1375018 on Jun 01, 2010

I originally tried ALA because it was supposed to lower blood glucose. It doesn't with my body chemistry, but that doesn't mean it won't for some people. I have kept using it since last summer because my skin has improved over the months with daily doses of 300 to 600 mg. Gray hairs have disappeared, my skin has tightened up somewhat and I have generated no new liver spots. So, if you are looking for a fountain of youth in a pill, this is as close as you'll come. Don't know however what long-term detrimental side effects there might be.

Good product

Posted by reflexheather on Jan 29, 2014

A good value ALA that is working as well as more expensive ones that I have purchased. I take it with co-q-10 and ester c. Excellent antioxidant. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2928484 on Aug 02, 2013

seems to be quality, no effects so far i can tell