Excellent results preventing sunburn

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Feb 23, 2013

I have been taking this supplement for 3 weeks to prevent sunburn. (Damn that white Irish skin from my great grandmother.) It really works even on one cap per day. Normally I burn and peal before any hint of a sun tan but this time little to no burning and a suntan without pain or pealing. I live in New Zealand (1200 miles SE of Australia) that experiences high levels of UV rays because of the ozone hole over the anatartic. So sun burn is a greater problem here than in most countries Also found that my sore knee felt much better. I pulled a ligament about nine months ago and healing have been very slow with significant inflamation hindering the process. Two 4mg caps per day for a week or so and I hardly notice my knee, even at night time. From what I have read astaxanthin is also very helpful for macular degeneration and in my case retinopathy (I suffer amild case of type II diabetes).

wonderful pain relief

Posted by bobbienorthern on Dec 11, 2015

This stuff really works and works well. I fell the last day of August and could not walk because I had hurt my right leg so bad so I ordered this in September and now this is December the 11th so it has been three months I have been taking this. I quit taking these pills last week for four days and in the middle of the fourth day my right leg started hurting and throbbing very badly. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I suddenly remember that I had quit taking these pills four days ago. I took two pills that day and within the hour over half my pain was gone. For about two more days I kept taking two pills but still had some pain left from where I fell. So I upped the pills to three that day and again within the hour the pain went completely away. I am now pain free because of these pills. You have to take these pills with food and I also take one teaspoon of Carlson's Cod Liver Oil with them and it seems to boost the pain killing effectiveness of these pills. Before I was taking them with just food and they were working really well but it took longer for them to work. But when I take them also with the cod liver oil within one hour all pain disappears. I am 72 and going to be 73 this month so I will be taking these the rest of my life.

Differant brands make a differance.

Posted by Reviewer2494531 on Sep 20, 2011

I got terrible heart palpitations from the "Now" brand of astaxanthin. This one is natural as it says on the front. I am taking it for eye health. To early to tell,but no heart palpitations..phew !

value for money

Posted by Reviewer3141381 on Dec 03, 2011

I have a few health issues going on which leave me with little energy--but Since taking astaxanthin I have noticed higher energy levels.Also not getting sunburnt but have lovely tan. Eye health has also improved

Terrible Smell

Posted by Reviewer2139243 on Dec 05, 2011

I don't know why no one mentioned how terrible the fishy smell is in this astaxanthin. I threw the bottle out because taking one pill made me have to throw up and the next day my urine smelled like fish all day long. I can't take the smell so this was a waste of money for me.

great!

Posted by Reviewer3026666 on Oct 24, 2011

My husband has been using this to prevent heartburn and it's really made a difference. It still bothers him a little, but not as bad.

Anti-inflammatory Antioxidant

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 06, 2012

This is an amazing antioxidant that helps with inflammation - it was the only thing that helped heal a nagging ski injury to my knee that wouldn't go away after months of swelling, stiffness, and discomfort (12 mg daily - now I take less for general nutrition, as do my husband and son).

Best thing!!!

Posted by TAP992 on Jul 31, 2013

Astaxanthin is the best supplement with vitamin D and omega-3. I use this 1caps 3-4x a day. Since i have used astaxanthin, i haven't got any sunburn. Suntan is great and i feel good. I will order astaxanthin forever!!!

Review : Product and I Herb Services . Healthy Origins. Astaxinthin,4g, 150 softgel(HOG-84916)

Posted by 5399755803665809140 on Dec 02, 2014

This is an amazing health product from seaweed. After taking 2 soft gel in the morning and 2 at night in 1 week i feel my health improved. Better energy and alertness, work whole day do not tire so easily. My eyesight immediately improved after 2nd week onwards. I can now read small letters which i could not read before taking this product.My head and body feel lighter or more relax after the 3rd week and I am thankful to this product. I Herb, Customer Service - Ordering online was a breeze. Customer service response time was great and fast and answers my queries clearly and to the point. Thanks to I Herb Customer Service. I will order again and again from I Herb.

LOVE IT!

Posted by 5603898254190131228 on Apr 27, 2015

I've been taking this product 3-4 caps daily before my trips to Asia. I live in Finland and I'm a typical scandinavian: pale skin which burns easily and doesnt really get tanned. But when I started taking this, I didn't get burned at all and I DID get tanned! I love this one!