wonderful pain relief

Posted by bobbienorthern on Dec 11, 2015

This stuff really works and works well. I fell the last day of August and could not walk because I had hurt my right leg so bad so I ordered this in September and now this is December the 11th so it has been three months I have been taking this. I quit taking these pills last week for four days and in the middle of the fourth day my right leg started hurting and throbbing very badly. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I suddenly remember that I had quit taking these pills four days ago. I took two pills that day and within the hour over half my pain was gone. For about two more days I kept taking two pills but still had some pain left from where I fell. So I upped the pills to three that day and again within the hour the pain went completely away. I am now pain free because of these pills. You have to take these pills with food and I also take one teaspoon of Carlson's Cod Liver Oil with them and it seems to boost the pain killing effectiveness of these pills. Before I was taking them with just food and they were working really well but it took longer for them to work. But when I take them also with the cod liver oil within one hour all pain disappears. I am 72 and going to be 73 this month so I will be taking these the rest of my life.

Healthy Origins Astaxanthin 4 mg Softgels

Posted by Reviewer3255335 on Oct 05, 2011

I started taking this product at the beginning of fall (March in New Zealand)and I have had no cold or 'flu symptoms whatsoever this year. Natural Health professionals are raving about Astaxanthin, with good reason.

value for money

Posted by Reviewer3141381 on Dec 03, 2011

I have a few health issues going on which leave me with little energy--but Since taking astaxanthin I have noticed higher energy levels.Also not getting sunburnt but have lovely tan. Eye health has also improved

Differant brands make a differance.

Posted by Reviewer2494531 on Sep 20, 2011

I got terrible heart palpitations from the "Now" brand of astaxanthin. This one is natural as it says on the front. I am taking it for eye health. To early to tell,but no heart palpitations..phew !

Terrible Smell

Posted by Reviewer2139243 on Dec 05, 2011

I don't know why no one mentioned how terrible the fishy smell is in this astaxanthin. I threw the bottle out because taking one pill made me have to throw up and the next day my urine smelled like fish all day long. I can't take the smell so this was a waste of money for me.

Very satisfield

Posted by Reviewer1900119 on Sep 22, 2016

I am working on a computer, and my eyes used to be tired and dry. No more problems since I started taking astaxanthin. I can recommend this!

Astaxanthin

Posted by kwickset on Oct 14, 2012

Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble, oxygenated pigment called a xanthophyll and a member of the carotenoid family. It has a unique molecular structure that gives it powerful antioxidant function. It is extracted from salmon, microalgae, and Pfaffia, a yeast. Current research shows that due to astaxanthin’s potent antioxidant activity, it may be beneficial in cardiovascular, immune, anti-inflammatory, and neurodegenerative diseases. Specifically it inhibits lipid peroxidation at the cell level; crosses the blood-brain barrier, effecting treatment of ocular, and neurodegenerative diseases such as glaucoma and Alzheimer's; provides significantly more antioxidant capacity than other carotenoids and antioxidants such as beta-carotene and Vitamin E; entraps free radicals by adding them to its long, double-bonded chain rather than donating an electron; stabilizes the cell membrane like a bridge because its polar end groups span the cell membrane, thus increasing its rigidity and mechanical strength; neutralizes singlet and triplet oxygen (de-charges) generated by UVA and UVB radiation and other sources; binds to a lipoprotein, an efficient transport vehicle, making it more bioavailable; increases immune system function including heightened production of antibody-secreting cells and Interleukin 2 and suppression of Interferon-gamma; inhibits reactive oxygen species that cause inflammation; enhances the antioxidant actions of Vitamin E and Vitamin C and encourages the release of Vitamin A from the liver when needed. Astaxanthin has 100-500 times the antioxidant capacity of Vitamin E and 10 times the antioxidant capacity of beta-carotene. Many laboratory studies also indicate astaxanthin is a stronger antioxidant than lutein, lycopene and tocotrienols. I personally take 3 x 4mg per day.

LOVE IT!

Posted by 5603898254190131228 on Apr 27, 2015

I've been taking this product 3-4 caps daily before my trips to Asia. I live in Finland and I'm a typical scandinavian: pale skin which burns easily and doesnt really get tanned. But when I started taking this, I didn't get burned at all and I DID get tanned! I love this one!

Anti-inflammatory Antioxidant

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 06, 2012

This is an amazing antioxidant that helps with inflammation - it was the only thing that helped heal a nagging ski injury to my knee that wouldn't go away after months of swelling, stiffness, and discomfort (12 mg daily - now I take less for general nutrition, as do my husband and son).

High quality Astaxanthin

Posted by 5090085067639975089 on Feb 26, 2016

I was skeptic at first, but it really works and the effect is very noticeable. I take 3 caplets a day and have a hard time getting a solid suntan. It takes great deal longer for my skin to get burned by the sun. It really acts as a natural sunscreen. Seems to be a very potent antioxidant.