Excellent results preventing sunburn

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Feb 23, 2013

I have been taking this supplement for 3 weeks to prevent sunburn. (Damn that white Irish skin from my great grandmother.) It really works even on one cap per day. Normally I burn and peal before any hint of a sun tan but this time little to no burning and a suntan without pain or pealing. I live in New Zealand (1200 miles SE of Australia) that experiences high levels of UV rays because of the ozone hole over the anatartic. So sun burn is a greater problem here than in most countries Also found that my sore knee felt much better. I pulled a ligament about nine months ago and healing have been very slow with significant inflamation hindering the process. Two 4mg caps per day for a week or so and I hardly notice my knee, even at night time. From what I have read astaxanthin is also very helpful for macular degeneration and in my case retinopathy (I suffer amild case of type II diabetes).

Differant brands make a differance.

Posted by Reviewer2494531 on Sep 20, 2011

I got terrible heart palpitations from the "Now" brand of astaxanthin. This one is natural as it says on the front. I am taking it for eye health. To early to tell,but no heart palpitations..phew !

value for money

Posted by Reviewer3141381 on Dec 03, 2011

I have a few health issues going on which leave me with little energy--but Since taking astaxanthin I have noticed higher energy levels.Also not getting sunburnt but have lovely tan. Eye health has also improved

Terrible Smell

Posted by Reviewer2139243 on Dec 05, 2011

I don't know why no one mentioned how terrible the fishy smell is in this astaxanthin. I threw the bottle out because taking one pill made me have to throw up and the next day my urine smelled like fish all day long. I can't take the smell so this was a waste of money for me.

great!

Posted by Reviewer3026666 on Oct 24, 2011

My husband has been using this to prevent heartburn and it's really made a difference. It still bothers him a little, but not as bad.

Anti-inflammatory Antioxidant

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 06, 2012

This is an amazing antioxidant that helps with inflammation - it was the only thing that helped heal a nagging ski injury to my knee that wouldn't go away after months of swelling, stiffness, and discomfort (12 mg daily - now I take less for general nutrition, as do my husband and son).

Best thing!!!

Posted by TAP992 on Jul 31, 2013

Astaxanthin is the best supplement with vitamin D and omega-3. I use this 1caps 3-4x a day. Since i have used astaxanthin, i haven't got any sunburn. Suntan is great and i feel good. I will order astaxanthin forever!!!

Review : Product and I Herb Services . Healthy Origins. Astaxinthin,4g, 150 softgel(HOG-84916)

Posted by 5399755803665809140 on Dec 02, 2014

This is an amazing health product from seaweed. After taking 2 soft gel in the morning and 2 at night in 1 week i feel my health improved. Better energy and alertness, work whole day do not tire so easily. My eyesight immediately improved after 2nd week onwards. I can now read small letters which i could not read before taking this product.My head and body feel lighter or more relax after the 3rd week and I am thankful to this product. I Herb, Customer Service - Ordering online was a breeze. Customer service response time was great and fast and answers my queries clearly and to the point. Thanks to I Herb Customer Service. I will order again and again from I Herb.

LOVE IT!

Posted by 5603898254190131228 on Apr 27, 2015

I've been taking this product 3-4 caps daily before my trips to Asia. I live in Finland and I'm a typical scandinavian: pale skin which burns easily and doesnt really get tanned. But when I started taking this, I didn't get burned at all and I DID get tanned! I love this one!

Astaxanthin

Posted by kwickset on Oct 14, 2012

Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble, oxygenated pigment called a xanthophyll and a member of the carotenoid family. It has a unique molecular structure that gives it powerful antioxidant function. It is extracted from salmon, microalgae, and Pfaffia, a yeast. Current research shows that due to astaxanthin’s potent antioxidant activity, it may be beneficial in cardiovascular, immune, anti-inflammatory, and neurodegenerative diseases. Specifically it inhibits lipid peroxidation at the cell level; crosses the blood-brain barrier, effecting treatment of ocular, and neurodegenerative diseases such as glaucoma and Alzheimer's; provides significantly more antioxidant capacity than other carotenoids and antioxidants such as beta-carotene and Vitamin E; entraps free radicals by adding them to its long, double-bonded chain rather than donating an electron; stabilizes the cell membrane like a bridge because its polar end groups span the cell membrane, thus increasing its rigidity and mechanical strength; neutralizes singlet and triplet oxygen (de-charges) generated by UVA and UVB radiation and other sources; binds to a lipoprotein, an efficient transport vehicle, making it more bioavailable; increases immune system function including heightened production of antibody-secreting cells and Interleukin 2 and suppression of Interferon-gamma; inhibits reactive oxygen species that cause inflammation; enhances the antioxidant actions of Vitamin E and Vitamin C and encourages the release of Vitamin A from the liver when needed. Astaxanthin has 100-500 times the antioxidant capacity of Vitamin E and 10 times the antioxidant capacity of beta-carotene. Many laboratory studies also indicate astaxanthin is a stronger antioxidant than lutein, lycopene and tocotrienols. I personally take 3 x 4mg per day.