:::No Response From MFG / Muscle Pain::::

Posted by 5185062371762240245 on Nov 15, 2014

I had some general questions about the product and emailed the manufacturer, Healthy Origins, but no response. In my experience this is reason enough to avoid the seller in the future. No customer service, no purchases. The supplement caused muscle pain within a week at HALF DOSE similar to what I experienced with STATINS. I stopped using it.

Good Cholesterol count

Posted by Reviewer1765498 on Nov 06, 2007

I've been using Red Yeast Rice for a number of years along with Omega 3 to reduce my cholesterol count from 300 down to 167. My usual source for the red yeast quit selling it. So I went on line to find a new source and iHerb had the lowest price. I ordered on a Sunday and by Tuesday it was on my doorstep. No muss, no fuss. iHerb is quick, easy, with great prices. And the Red Yeast is the same great stuff I'd been using and nothing was substituted or messed with. iHerb is the best on the planet and my new supplier now.

it works

Posted by Reviewer3285609 on Jan 16, 2009

I was skeptical, but it did improve my lipid profile considerably; not much change in HDL, but LDL went down by almost 50 points. Highly recommended.

Healthy Origins Cholestene Red Yeast Rice, 120 capsules

Posted by Reviewer1633440 on Jun 02, 2008

Blood test results have shown that 4 capsules per day reduced my chloesterol from 330mg to 195 mg. I am very pleased with the product

Working well so far

Posted by Reviewer3097321 on Aug 07, 2009

My husband had a total cholesterol of 321. 3 months later after a change of diet and taking Cholestene, his total cholesterol has come has come down 40 points and his LDL also went down from 236 to 174. So far so good...

got my cholesterol from 210 to 137 on Red Yeast Rice-been using this for 10 years

Posted by Reviewer3018399 on Sep 24, 2009

Can't say enough good about this product, especially this brand. It does not work for everyone, nor does it work for my sister, but it surely works for me, and you will still need a blood test every year.

This product works!

Posted by 5216970098309630154 on Oct 11, 2016

This product was recommended by my cardiologist as an alternative to a statin drug. The improvement in my condition exceeded his expectations to my delight. Thanks!

well,lets see my blood test results soon..you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 19, 2013

i have a blood test in Jan 2013 so i will update if the cholesterol had dropped or not from my regular 250 units.UPDATE:looks like this product delivers what its suppose to do,my cholesterol is lower than before,about 40 point in 2 months,but i stopped concerning about my cholesterol becauce it looks like MD's are obsessed with it and lowering the upper limit everyday just to give statin drugs to everyone when scientific research shows that cholesterol is essential to our body and myelin brain at bout 220 to 280 units and below this you are risking with several chronic illnesses.....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

The best of the best - Red Yeast!

Posted by Reviewer2896633 on Aug 14, 2016

Hubby has high cholesterol issues since his 20's. (Highest was 340). He was told to take statins which caused him to have muscular weakness so he had to stop & try other things. He is now in his 50's. Through diet & oats, he managed to only lower it below 300 all this while. In Mar 2016, his readings stood at 263 but his HDL & LDL & ratios still exceeded the normal range. Decided to try Cholestene after all the raving reviews here. Latest readings in Aug 2016 show the following... Total : 178 mg/DL (down from 263! Never before in his life had he been below normal < 200!) HDL : 41 mg/DL (up from 36! Normal > 40) LDL : 110 mg/DL (down from 196! Normal < 130) Cholesterol/HDL ratio : 4.3 (down from 7.3! Normal <4.5) The results were amazing! Thank you iherb & thank you Cholestene. Am ordering more again as I need to control my cholesterol too! Will post again on how it helped me in future :) A definite must try product for cholesterol issues if you have any. (Two thumbs up!!)

So far so good.

Posted by 5737805394577957994 on Sep 17, 2016

After reading a a review on Consumer Labs on red yeast rice supplements and Cholestene was one of the recommended products. I have been using this product for a month. With increased exercise and changes in my diet, I've noticed that I don't feel any more chest discomfort when I eat at a fast food restaurant.