Healthy Origins, MegaNatural-BP Grape Seed Extract, 150 mg, 60 Capsules

Must be working!

Posted by Reviewer2479427 From Florida on Dec 02, 2010

I have been taking 1 capsule per day for 2 weeks, along with one capsule per day of Hawthorn extract, as both are recommended for lowering blood pressure. I checked my blood pressure today and it was 117/72! It has been about 130/90 for the past year! I exercise, eat a healthy diet, and am slender, but high blood pressure runs in my family.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2188482 From California on May 25, 2009

I've been taking this product to lower my pre-hypertensive BP and it works great. My BP has gone down from 130/85 to 120/80.

This is the one used in the UofC studies

Posted by Reviewer1803182 From Minnesota on Jan 19, 2009

This is the grape seed extract used in the University of California-Davis studies. I figured it was worth a try. My "trial" wasn't quite rigorous. I used Vitamin C for a month, then switched to this, 2 capsules a day, for a month. My BP (both S&D) were down about 5 points after using Vitamin C. Now, my BP is down another 5 points. I can't really say how much effect the grape seed extract is having, but I would say at least 5 points for me. I don't plan a more rigorous study, I just plan on continue using it! Like many supplements, it will probably work for some, but not for others. But for the price, it's certainly worth trying! I don't know if all grape seed extracts work the same (I suspect they don't, since they are complicated mixtures). Until other grape seed extracts do their own clinical studies (a few small ones are better than nothing), I'm sticking with this one.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2995154 From Michigan on Feb 24, 2011

I've been taking this product for the past year or so. It has helped lower my blood pressure. Also, it is a powerful antioxidant (20 times more potent than Vitamin C and 50 times stronger than Vitamin E). It supposedly is also an anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial--my anecdotal evidence is that I got through the winter without catching a cold or the flu. I have also read that GSE is one of the few antioxidants that can penetrate the blood barrier, helping to protect brain and nerve tissue.

it seems to help

Posted by Reviewer2196533 From Arizona on May 09, 2010

I quit drinking caffeinated coffee and cut way back on salt intake about 2 mths ago, this is step 3. So far my blood pressure is down from about 132/90 to 123/81. The grapseed & hawthorne seems to be helping my progress.