Not what I expected

Posted by Reviewer3122150 on Jul 30, 2012

I started taking these because I was hoping to improve my mood that my husband claimed was bad all the time. These, unfortunately, made it very hard to get out of bed in the morning and once I did, I felt like I was in a fog most of the day. I decided to take them earlier in the day, before dinner, but the sleepiness and fogginess did not improve. I think this is probably a supplement for people who are really stressed out and that's not me.

Excellent product

Posted by 5530645094843719476 on Oct 18, 2014

I've used 5-htp for 5 weeks now (200mg/day) and can definitely feel the benefits. My appetite has been reduced significantly, I need less sleep (before I slept 10+ hrs a day, now a normal 7-8 hrs) and my mood has improved. This is not a magic pill of course but people like me with mild to moderate depression may benefit. No significant side effects. I had some mild stomach upset for a couple of days but it subsided quickly. Please remember that you shouldn't use 5-htp together with SSRI or SNRI drugs or MAO-inhibitors.

grief relief

Posted by 5761101439668124507 on Jun 19, 2015

My mother had become a bit screechy and over reactive to EVERYTHING after my father died. Her grief developed a nasty, angry and bitter edge. Which was all the more shocking as she is known for her kind heart. Within 4 days - she was calm and nothing stressed her out. We ran out of tablets so I decided to watch her and not tell her to check if the effect was a placebo... good grief! I couldn't reorder more fast enough! Bugger weight loss - take this for a calm and kind mind and an easier time through your grief journey.

Life saver

Posted by Reviewer1251561 on Aug 06, 2010

What can i say about this miracle, well let's just say that I have been diagnosed with clinical depression & refused medication so i looked to mother nature & she has given me a cure!!!. I reccomend this product to anyone who suffers anxiety or depression as it Made Me relaxed but not drowsy & made me less emotional

Works Great!

Posted by Reviewer3168951 on Apr 01, 2009

I am trying this 5-HTP to help with migraine cessation, depression, and better sleep. So far it has helped me with these issues.