Good for Depression and Normalizing Appetite

Posted by Reviewer1893600 on Mar 30, 2015

Lifts black cloud and removes that nagging emptiness that food doesn't fill. If you feel dissatisfied after a good meal, it's not hunger, but a deficiency, and 5-HTP is very helpful in filling the need. This has not only stopped the weight gain, but helped me lose weight. Have tried one other brand, and this one is definitely more effective.

5 hpt

Posted by Reviewer2445419 on Dec 09, 2014

works so well

Quality

Posted by 5154075838639778272 on Nov 15, 2014

I've been using 5-htp for 6 months, at 21 day intervals separated by week long breaks. Taking it at night has helped to alleviate depressive tendencies. I've tried a few different brands and will be sticking with Healthy Origins. Good stuff! Best wishes to you :)

Better than sleeping pills without side effects

Posted by MORE-REVIEWS-FOR-YOU on Nov 13, 2014

Daily consumption of 5-HTP eliminated my sleep problem completely.

Excellent product

Posted by 5530645094843719476 on Oct 18, 2014

I've used 5-htp for 5 weeks now (200mg/day) and can definitely feel the benefits. My appetite has been reduced significantly, I need less sleep (before I slept 10+ hrs a day, now a normal 7-8 hrs) and my mood has improved. This is not a magic pill of course but people like me with mild to moderate depression may benefit. No significant side effects. I had some mild stomach upset for a couple of days but it subsided quickly. Please remember that you shouldn't use 5-htp together with SSRI or SNRI drugs or MAO-inhibitors.

Good, no complaints

Posted by j44lee on Sep 04, 2014

Good, no complaints

Peaceful times

Posted by Cedesings on Aug 13, 2014

This really calms the anxiety. If you have a sensitive stomach, have it with a nice warm cup of milk before bed, to relieve nausea. Sweet dreams! :)

my happy pills

Posted by Reviewer1811895 on Jun 21, 2014

I love this product. It helps me to sleep at night and calms me down during the day. I don't fidget as much as I used to. I am not as irritated as I am without this product.

Healthy Origins, 5-HTP 100mg

Posted by 5229383945578891642 on Jun 17, 2014

I have a very busy work day and find that when taking 5-HTP I find that I am more calm calm instead of feeling rushed and stressed. I haven't noticed a positive change in better sleep patterns since using this product.

natural anti-depressant

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on May 21, 2014

5-HTP is the precursor to serotonin, the feel-good neurotransmitter. Depression is usually treated with SSRI drugs which basically just recycle what little serotonin you already have (they prevent the breakdown or metabolism of it). By feeding your body 5-HTP you are giving it the raw material needed to produce serotonin on its own. More raw material = more serotonin = happy and calm. Dr. Murray ND has written extensively on 5-THP and uses it to wean his patients off SSRI drugs. Dosages of up to 900 mg/day can be used. Other supporting components include magnesium, B vitamins (especially B6/P-5-P) and vitamin C.