Pefect

Posted by Reviewer1453432 on Mar 25, 2011

St. Johns Wort didn't help. Nether did, L-Theanine, GABA or Valerian. One 5-HTP in the am and one before dinner has been a blessing for me. Interstingly, one of pups grew into a rather sensitive dog. By age two she had become rather timid. I began placing one 5-HTP into her food nightly and the improvement was dramatic. I consider 5-HTP a staple!

Doesn't seem to work

Posted by Reviewer3294199 on Mar 22, 2010

Doesn't seem to work as well as other 5-HTP suppliments I have tried.

Got to Canada in 2 weeks

Posted by Reviewer1300695 on Apr 06, 2009

This is a very effective product, helps with relaxation and mood. iHerb's prices and delivery costs can't be beat. I feel pretty good thanks to Healthy Origins, Natural 5-HTP and iHerb! I find it helps quiet the mind for a good night's sleep (pretty vivid dreams are nice too). I like that i can take it for a few nights and then stop for a few more with no withdrawl.

Good night!!

Posted by Reviewer2006943 on Sep 03, 2009

this product has helped my sleeping pattern without feeling drowsy the next morning.

great value

Posted by Reviewer1864546 on Sep 30, 2008

Works as well as more expensive brands.

Sleep enhancer!!

Posted by Reviewer3129672 on Jun 21, 2009

I'm using it with melatonin as an anti-aging supplement.It also improves my sleeping quality.No more night wakings!!

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer3036029 on Nov 29, 2012

works really well in calming my anxious personality, I take it in the morning and GABA in the evening just before going to bed

natural anti-depressant

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on May 21, 2014

5-HTP is the precursor to serotonin, the feel-good neurotransmitter. Depression is usually treated with SSRI drugs which basically just recycle what little serotonin you already have (they prevent the breakdown or metabolism of it). By feeding your body 5-HTP you are giving it the raw material needed to produce serotonin on its own. More raw material = more serotonin = happy and calm. Dr. Murray ND has written extensively on 5-THP and uses it to wean his patients off SSRI drugs. Dosages of up to 900 mg/day can be used. Other supporting components include magnesium, B vitamins (especially B6/P-5-P) and vitamin C.

Very good product and price.

Posted by 5375783669111175622 on Jun 21, 2015

I take this for my moods. Definitely uplifting. Follow instructions and do not use more than suggested. I found it made me (overly) drowsy if I was feeling tired.

5-HTP

Posted by bonbon on Nov 04, 2013

it got rid of my gloomy feelings, but it gave me stomachache.