Ok Product

Posted by 5649150956425648240 on Aug 09, 2012

Taken in conjunction with Melatonin this helps me fall asleep but I still awaken numerous times through out the night and wake up in the morning feeling a little groggy. I am also concerned that when I stop taking these my sleeping patterns will actually worsen but I will see and update this review accordingly.

Can't tell a difference

Posted by Reviewer3102097 on Mar 19, 2009

I can't tell ANY difference taking or not taking this product.

5-htp works great!

Posted by Reviewer3138446 on May 02, 2009

I couldn't believe how well this worked! It worked wonderfully for my Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis. No more tightness in my shoulders and it was great for my morning stiffness.

Good product, reasonable price

Posted by Reviewer2218436 on Jan 13, 2009

I have been taking 5-HTP for about five years now, on and off. It has been quite helpful, though nothing replaces a good therapist! I was taking "Dr.'s Best" up until recently, but the price dropped low on this brand, and so far it seems to be just as good.

Excellent Product & Price

Posted by Reviewer3079478 on May 30, 2010

I use this product for severe depression. Research has doses up to 800 mg/day and used with St. John's Wort, and that is the level I have had to go to for maintaining stability. HOWEVER most of the research uses much lower doses, 100 mg to 300 mg/day, so make sure to clearly understand what has been tested and begin at small doses to see it it is enough and only increase incrementally very slowly over time to find your point of mental/emotional balance. I will be receiving psych treatment (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy [CBT]-the most effective treatment for severe depression, and believe that I will be able to lower the dosage over time with better cognitive tools to deal with the depression and stresses from pain and ill health. Until this product is necessary for my continued chance at survival and is the best dosage, quantity, and price, I have found.