10% Off Orders Over $40!

Healthy Origins, Pycnogenol, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Best Value true Pycnogenol. Remember to take this with a little vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2325387 on Jan 29, 2013

There is some evidence to suggest that OPCs such as grapeseed and Pycnogenol are better absorbed if one takes them with a little vitamin C (e.g. amla powder or acerola, or camu camu, or rosehips etc.), so do consider that when using Pycnogenol. On the value side of things, it makes me laugh that people buy masquelier's pine bark extract in an attempt to save money, but Healthy Origins' Pycnogenol is LOWER cost-per-mg. People just look at the bottle price and don't stop to calculate the maths: Source Naturals, Masquelier's French Pine Bark Extract: 50 mg, 60 Tablets = $22.68 = 3000mg = 0.756 cents per mg Healthy Origins Genuine Pycnogenol: 100mg, 30 capsules = $19.99 = 3000mg = 0.666 cents per mg 100mg, 60 capsules = $32.95 = 6000mg = 0.549 cents per mg I'll keep buying this Healthy Origins genuine Pycnogenol. However, I COMBINE it with a little vitamin C, some Now EGCg, Now 'Mega Potency' grapeseed extract, and Now 240mg (generic) pinebark extract. If you're a big fan of antioxidants, please steer clear of Alpha Lipoic Acid as it is potentially hazardous if one has heavy metals in the body &/or has mercury dental amalgams, since it can carry heavy metals into the brain. People think it's just an anti-oxidant but it isn't. If you want to take an anti-oxidant which (like ALA) is BOTH water-soluble AND fat-soluble, then a safer option would be astaxanthin. Healthy Origins also do very good value astaxanthin.

Really Versatile

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 25, 2012

Originally, I started taking Pycnogenol to ameliorate the symptoms of von Willebrand disease (a blood coagulation disorder), and it certainly helped reduce the frequency of nosebleeds. Beyond that, however, I noticed that my usually cool hands and feet were warm and flushed with color, even in cold environments. After about two weeks, I noticed that my skin was clearer, more even, and more smooth than it has ever been before. If my results are typical, this brand's (Healthy Origins) Pycnogenol is high-quality and also a very good value. I've recommended it to those dealing with blood coagulation/clotting disorders, to those with high blood pressure, as well as to those with erectile dysfunction. Healthy Origins, Pycnogenol truly deserves five (out of five possible) stars.

Amazing product!

Posted by Reviewer1920078 on Aug 25, 2012

I started using this product for my skin. It has definitely helped with making my skin more supple and youthful looking. I am 43 and was at Costco today when one of the ladies giving out samples asked me what products I used for my face because my skin looked so nice. I believe it is this product that has made the difference. I also read about the benefits of using this product for ADD children. My son is 11, and I began giving this to him right after school ended, Within one week, his emotional outbursts had improved 90%. He even asks to take his "medicine" because it makes him feel so much better. I don't know if it will help with his attention in school, but if we can avoid the emotional meltdowns, I am one happy Mommy. It is not cheap, but it isn't any more expensive than the toxic ADHD medications that most doctors will prescribe for your child. Try this first.

This actually works to relieve nueropathy symptoms!

Posted by Reviewer2075351 on Mar 08, 2012

I have experienced substantial immediate relief of my neuropathy while taking Pycnogenol 100mg. The numbness in my feet decreased about 50%, and the occasional pain was reduced by 90%! I am very happy with it, and use it daily!

Makes a HUGE Difference

Posted by Reviewer2056166 on Nov 04, 2012

I have a long history of varicose veins.I've had veins stripped twice. I took this for years. Stopped for about a year, veins returned, so I made an appointment to have them fixed. Well, 2 bottles later (and my appointment hasn't come around yet) I don't know if he'll be able to find veins to inject! This works exceedingly well.