Ineffective or dud - save your time and money and buy something else

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jun 21, 2015

Selenium interests me because peer reviewed studies have shown it to regulate circadian rhythm and 5-lipoxygenase, which converts essential fatty acids into leukotrienes, as well as more well known roles in thyroid, breast and hormone health. I have tried sodium selenite, selenate, Selenomethionine, selenocysteine, and high selenium yeast. Of these, the most effective I have found is a 100mcg high selenium yeast I purchased locally, thus I decided to try this one. These capsules are tiny, less than half the size of the 100mcg ones I was taking - great, no filler. However, when I took this one - nothing. Not a single benefit was felt and after a couple of days I realised I was sliding backwards. Went back to the 100mcg one I bought locally - voila - equilibrium restored. The expiry date on the package is Nov 2017 so that shouldn't be the issue. Who knows - won't be taking or buying again to find out. Recommend selenomethionine as next best - I got the Now Foods one. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Selenium Excell 200mcg

Posted by Reviewer1092067 on Mar 17, 2014

This is an excellent product of top quality selenium. My asthma of 60 years has been reduced to 5% and I do not take any regular medical drugs for asthma since taking these selenium tablets. Craig

selenium

Posted by Reviewer1521719 on Jan 14, 2013

i see some green spots inside the box it looks like mold but i am not sure for this..i will try another brand next time.

Healthy Origins, Seleno Excell, 200 mcg, 180 Capsules

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on May 17, 2014

Perfect supplement. I am vegetarian, almost vegan and I live in northern country, so we do not have fresh harvest all year round and sometimes I am supplementing my diet with beneficial things. This supplement is what I need, very pure formula, only with gelatin caps, nothing added!!! I am recommending it!

postage to NZ

Posted by Gymmad on Oct 31, 2012

This free postage is amazing my last order arrived to my door in seven days. Smartly packed with a thank you gift and the selenium that arrived safe and sound is a great deal No need to search else where Regards David

Healthy Origins, Seleno Excell, Selenium, 200 mcg, 180 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 24, 2012

Healthy Origins, Seleno Excell, Selenium, 200 mcg, 180 Capsules

meme

Posted by 5349023386965997238 on Jun 17, 2014

good product

Natural Selenium

Posted by FromCanada on Oct 14, 2014

Great product, doesn't have any aftertaste, like many selenium tablets. Easy to swallow. If taken with vitamin E, provides whole body antioxidant protection. The skin looks better.

Very Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1327869 on Sep 14, 2012

excellent

Very Good

Posted by panaceaspecialist on Dec 14, 2012

I bought it for a friend, he says it's excellent !

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »