Healthy Origins, Seleno Excell, 200 mcg, 180 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

selenium

Posted by Reviewer1521719 on Jan 14, 2013

i see some green spots inside the box it looks like mold but i am not sure for this..i will try another brand next time.

Ineffective or dud - save your time and money and buy something else

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jun 21, 2015

Selenium interests me because peer reviewed studies have shown it to regulate circadian rhythm and 5-lipoxygenase, which converts essential fatty acids into leukotrienes, as well as more well known roles in thyroid, breast and hormone health. I have tried sodium selenite, selenate, Selenomethionine, selenocysteine, and high selenium yeast. Of these, the most effective I have found is a 100mcg high selenium yeast I purchased locally, thus I decided to try this one. These capsules are tiny, less than half the size of the 100mcg ones I was taking - great, no filler. However, when I took this one - nothing. Not a single benefit was felt and after a couple of days I realised I was sliding backwards. Went back to the 100mcg one I bought locally - voila - equilibrium restored. The expiry date on the package is Nov 2017 so that shouldn't be the issue. Who knows - won't be taking or buying again to find out. Recommend selenomethionine as next best - I got the Now Foods one. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.