Posted by Reviewer2352583 on Jul 12, 2008

Great to find a Vitamin D3 that is in an olive oil base in the recommended daily value. Most D3 has corn oil.

Easy to get all the D I need~

Posted by Reviewer2068561 on Apr 08, 2008

Instead of taking 4 of the 1,000IU, I take one of these and one of the 1,000. In the Summer, I'll just take one of these. Easy!

Very Good Vitamin D

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015

I am very happy with this vitamin D. It is very easy to swallow, small in size and it definitely works. I like the fact that it is in pure cold pressed olive oil. 2,400 IU = 60 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Works well

Posted by NinaNystuen on May 24, 2012

These have certainly helped me to get my vitamin D levels up in general, as the bloodtest-results showed a lack of vitamin D before using these, and a perfect balance after starting - So I am very happy and will continue.

Posted by Reviewer2618397 on Jan 18, 2009

I have added this supplement to my daily intake of vitamins. It seems to be making a difference as I feel better overall and have not gotten any of the colds or coughs that I have been exposed to since I've been taking it.

25-OH levels

Posted by Reviewer2249481 on Apr 03, 2009

I take enough (7200 IU) to bring my 25-OH D levels to 55 ng/ml. This is optimum for most people. Make sure to have your 25-OH levels measured by a reliable lab.

review of Healthy Origins Vitamin D 3

Posted by Reviewer1037399 on Jun 20, 2011

Excellent product and excellent service. This product and WEB site were recommended by my primary care doctor as a source of high quality products. She was right!!! jackie spaulding

Posted by Reviewer2534422 on Oct 18, 2008

Pretty decent dose in small easy to swallow minigels. REcent medical opinion states that Vitamin D dosing is too too low at 200-400units and should be increased to at lleast 2000U/dy. with upward range to 10000U/dy. Canadian health ministry recently gave notice that increasing Vit. D to these areas lower riskj of getting Cancer up to 80%. It works as a master regulator benificial steroid like compound keeping cells division and differentialtion in check so less mutant cells exist for the body to fight. When combined with resveritrol it can be an effective mutant cell fighter.

Vit. D softgels

Posted by Reviewer1885894 on Nov 07, 2008

My husband has to take these after having prostate cancer and he loved these little softgels as he has trouble swallowing and these he can take easily.Thank you for them.

Healthy Origins, Vit D 3, 24000 IU