Very Good Vitamin D

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015

I am very happy with this vitamin D. It is very easy to swallow, small in size and it definitely works. I like the fact that it is in pure cold pressed olive oil. 2,400 IU = 60 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Vitamin D3

Posted by 5651488429373511016 on Jul 08, 2016

Very good vitamin, works well.

So far so good

Posted by 5068025943242363597 on Sep 18, 2013

I have not gotten my D levels tested in a while, but I take 2 softgels most days and I don't have any symptoms of D deficiency. Also I like that this D is in "pure, cold-pressed olive oil." I hope that means the oil is unoxidized! Seems high quality - minimal ingredients, non-GMO, etc.

Always good brand

Posted by Reviewer3231206 on Sep 19, 2013

D vitamin with olive oil, two benefits in one!

No soy

Posted by Reviewer3007257 on Nov 01, 2013

I like these - good price, no soy, exactly what I need.

ok

Posted by 5261417394107781294 on Dec 03, 2013

ok

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 2400IU

Posted by Reviewer2234648 on Dec 26, 2013

Excellent product at exactly the strength that suits me.

I can't say enough about Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer2013255 on Jan 13, 2010

I always take a minimum of 5,000 units a day of Vitamin D, more in winter, so this is a great way to take 2 per day. My primary care physician assesses by blood level of Vitamin D evey 4 months to assure I keep within the 50-60 range at all times for optimum health.

Small easy to swallow

Posted by Reviewer2772584 on Jan 16, 2010

My daughter is sensitive to large pills, but these are small and go down easy.

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, the life saver

Posted by Reviewer2330141 on Jan 17, 2010

I recently purchased 15 bottles of this product, five years worth, because it has most probably saved my girlfriend's life. She has celiac disease and because she was allergic to most of the oils that other types of Vitamin D were infused in--pineapple oil and safflower oil, to name a few--she was unable to tolerate those other types of Vitamin D. They resulted in severe intestinal discomfort, and she had to stop taking them. Because Healthy Origins Vitamin D is infused in olive oil, perhaps the only oil, now, that she can tolerate, she has been able to take them. For four months now she has been taking them. She no longer has muscle cramps all over her body, because the Vitamin D is working. After over a year's absence, she has started working out at the gym. She has more endurance, less physical discomfort, and sees her life opening rather than closing. I never knew what a difference a little container of Vitamins could make. Every time I open up the cabinet and see the containers piled up, I smile and am thankful. The expiration date on the vitamins is, November 2012. She can only use up to six containers out of the 15 between now and then. I bought the extra ones to support Healthy Origins in their sale of their olive oil infused Vitamin D3. Please don't stop selling them!