Great value and a years supply!

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

When you buy vitamin D supplements watch out for cheap brands that use D2 instead of cholecalciferol aka D3. I've done my research and D2 is poorly absorbed so much more (I've read up to 4 times as much) is needed for the same effect and taking that much could lead to Vitamin D toxicity. Stick with good ol' safe D3 and even better get some sun on your skin as much as possible and save the supplement for winter or days when you just can't get outside. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

A necessity if you have low D levels!!!

Posted by Reviewer1373671 on Oct 28, 2010

These pills of sunshine have changed my life. Before these, I was constantly tired, depressed (for no reason), had acne and was achy all the time. It was hard to scrape myself out of bed, let alone live a fulfilling life. These little pills have been a miracle; I'm talking night and day. I take 2 of these a day with magnesium and I'll NEVER stop. What a difference... I have energy; the acne is gone; my joints and back feel terrific. Love this sup and iherb. Thanks!

Vitamin D3 the wonder vitiamin

Posted by 5027058780554540542 on Aug 04, 2012

Vitamin D3 is useful for so many things. It is extremely effective to help knit bones and to heal a sprain more quickly. Great post-knee surgery. I personally found when I took a higher dose of 4-6 capsules per day just for a week after I sprained my foot it helped a lot. I was taking vitamin C powder and MSM joint powder which definitely helped, but didn't completely get on top of the pain and inflammation until I added in the vitamin D3. My foot was very sore for a week prior to starting this, and it settled it down completely with no more hobbling. Someone I know did the same after knee surgery, where nothing else was working for her. A friend gave higher doses to his mum who had a fractured arm that hadn't started knitting even after a few months. The D3 did the trick. He suggested using D3 this way and I had nothing to lose. I then dropped back to 1 per day. I was pretty amazed at the effectiveness of such a simple thing. Read up about it because it does a ton of good things in the body, not just these type of uses. Not sure if you can give your dog D3 for a lame leg but that would be worth looking into! (Sydney, Australia)

Great Value

Posted by Cyberoo on Apr 11, 2013

Helps me to maintain normal Vitamin D levels after being diagnosed with a deficiency last year.

I can feel this working

Posted by Reviewer1506472 on Jun 27, 2012

When taking a couple of these before bed I really sleep well (which is unusual for me). I have low thyroid and adrenal and low testosterone (I'm female) and my dr. suggested I might be low on vitamin d. When researching I found lots of information about how important vitamin d is and how many people are low on it. I also found a connection between low vitamin d and low testosterone. Very interesting. . .

Is there a thing that dramatically reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and inflammation?

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 27, 2014

Yes, it’s vitamin D. It also reduces the risk of all cancers by 77 percent and activates telomerase. If possible, please get your vitamin D for free: Just go outside and spend 10-20 minutes in the (strong) sunshine. I don’t recommend that you apply synthetic sunscreen to prevent sunburn. Instead, take astaxanthin which acts like an internal sunscreen. Please visit my Products-With-Reviews page for my review on astaxanthin (and other products), and also for My Favorite Products. However, if it is winter or you live in the far northern or southern hemispheres, you need supplement with vitamin D. I recommend you supplement with at least 5,000 IU of vitamin D every day.

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer1307389 on Sep 07, 2010

I had to cut down on this product, because the bloodtest showed my Vit D levels were too high, after taking this product for some months. This product is very effective.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2112452 on Dec 04, 2009

I wondered what could have been the cause of getting tired during the day even though I slept and ate well. Then I heard that the cause could be lack of vitamin D and decided to give this product a try. I live in Finland and we have long dark winter period which means people don't get much sun and thus not enough vitamin D. Moreover most of the additional vitamin D products that are available here have really low portion of the vitamin (around 400 IU). It was good thing to find out that there are products like this that have much higher amount of the vitamin. By starting to use these daily I have felt better and I don't get tired during the day anymore (if I sleep well :) ). + Cheap price (compared to local products) + Amount of vitamin D / softgel + Lasts for a year ------------------------- Overall this item is really good

Good to take in autumin and winter to increase immunity, but the dosage is too high!

Posted by danarm on Sep 15, 2013

This is effective, but taking 5000 IU of D3 every day will make you very sleepy and is probably excessive. Should also contain vitamin K2 - vitamin D3 should always be taken with K2. It helped my knees immensely by increasing calcium uptake in bones (however, if you don't take it with K2, the calcium will also harden artery walls). Instead of this I recommend finding a product which contains only 1000 IU or less, and which also contains K2 (and also pay attention to the form of K2).

Haven't got it

Posted by Reviewer2424998 on Jun 02, 2012

Do not order this if you live in Norway. It will be stopped in the norwegian toll.