Great price, it'll keep ya healthy

Posted by Reviewer1656390 on May 01, 2010

I am so glad that I finally caved in to all the hoopla about vitamin D! At first I thought it was just overhyped like a lot of things. Now I know that it is a powerful healer of many problems. I had nerve damage and was too susceptible to lung and sinus infections, but now my nerves are healing and my lungs and sinuses are clear after just a few months of 10,000 iu per day of vitamin D. At some point I'll drop back to 5,000 iu per day, but that is the level I will probably maintain for life. I'm so glad they started doing all the research on this so that people can avoid things like MS, diabetes, Parkinson's, and cancer by keeping their vitamin D levels up.

Vitamin-D really works.

Posted by Reviewer3213385 on Nov 24, 2009

I have not been ill, no flu, no nothing after I started to take just one softgel per day. I also sleep better and wake up easily even on early mornings like 6am.

Life saver..

Posted by Reviewer2564319 on Nov 17, 2009

I was very tired and tested low on vit D, I was taking 2400IU for 8 months..and a new blood test came within 'normal' range..I will continue taking this as in wintertime we don't get much sun here in Canada.. I have learned about importance of vit D3 and sun exposure from dr. Mercola's articles and researched many papers on vit D3..how it affects our immunity and neurology, almost everything..I can't find such quality vit D3 where I live so I'm glad iherb can ship their products. I also like that the capsule has no harmful additives, I don't know if the pure olive oil is extra virgin or not, it would be great to find this vitamin product in the certified organic form also. In the meantime Vit D3 from Healthy Origins is what I will be reordering as I think it's the best and really works.

Vitamin D3 is powerful!

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

This is my favorite vitamin supplement. I have noticed since taking this product that I have more energy, but I know that the benefits are much more. Been reading recently on the fantastic benefits of vitamin D and that D3 is the best form. There is plenty of scientific evidence that vitamin D has several different effects on immune system function that may enhance your immunity. It is important to know that Vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common micronutrient deficiencies. I read that spring, fall and summer noontime sunshine exposure provides adequate Vitamin D. So, stay out a short time if your skin is light, but stay out longer if your skin is dark. Very light-skinned individuals can make adequate Vitamin D from arm and face noontime exposure in 15 minutes or less. Very dark-skinned individuals may require up to 2 hours to achieve the same level. Skin color is adaptive to sunlight levels, so that people from equatorial regions are darker-skinned and people from Iceland, who are starved for sun and Vitamin D, are very light-skinned. It's interesting that primitive cultures living far from the equator prize the few foods that naturally concentrate Vitamin D3, like fish liver oil and sea mammal blubber. Cod liver oil is about the only food supplement that provides a lot of Vitamin D. It is important that individuals who are not frequently exposed to the sun, who regularly wear sunblock or who are dark-skinned take Vitamin D3 supplements.Also, individuals who are elderly or obese generally require more Vitamin D3. Many researchers feel these groups should take 5,000 IU daily. As you get older you have more difficulty absorbing D and fat cells tend to sequester (trap) Vitamin D. The blood test that is used to assess vitamin D status is 25-OH vitamin D. Optimum levels are 25-OH vitamin D levels of between 30 and 80 mg/dl. To summarize, I advise everyone to take Vitamin D3, because it is essential.

seems to work fine

Posted by Reviewer1571982 on Dec 08, 2009

I feel more energetic and the general mood is good despite dark winter times.

Great Product

Posted by LanceSavoy on Nov 12, 2009

Highest potency of D3. If you weigh over 150lbs and live in a northern latitude then you probably need this amount everyday to normalize your Vitamin D levels to summertime levels in the winter. This will go a long way to protect you from getting colds or the flu. Much better than a flu shot IMHO.

Hyvä

Posted by Reviewer2915199 on May 23, 2015

Hinta laatusuhde hyvä. Imeytyy hyvin. Käytetty jo vuosia.

Excellent value

Posted by Reviewer1234602 on Feb 22, 2010

These softgels represent excellent value and are much cheaper than the equivalent in the UK even with the delivery charges. This was my first order from iHerb and I was very impressed with the service - I placed my order on a Tuesday afternoon UK time and it was delivered to my door on Thursday morning! I used the DHL courier option, which was well worth paying the $10 for. The product is good, too - the softgels are easy to take and, after six weeks, my Vitamin D levels have gone from very low (18 ng/ml) to well within the normal range, although I have to admit that I switched to the 10,000IU version after a couple of weeks, as this was the amount I wanted to take on a daily basis, so it made sense to take only capsule instead of two. However, now that I have got my levels up to where they should be, I will be switching back to these softgels for the rest of the winter.

Works Very Well for Me

Posted by Reviewer1204206 on Mar 23, 2010

I am deficient in Vit D3 and have had a holistic endocrinologist recommend that I take 10,000IU daily for osteopenia along with 1200mg of Calcium (not carbonate). I just had my D3 levels checked and was within the range. I believe the product is working as it should.

Positive feelings

Posted by Reviewer2701481 on Dec 01, 2009

Just after three weeks I find it easier to get up in the mornings. Even if I haven't slept much because of my little kids (and their nightcries...). Maybe some first signs of growing energy levels are visible too, but it's too early to make final judgements yet.