| English
| USD ($)

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2593543 on Oct 01, 2010

When first tested, my D level was at 19. My doc was not half as alarmed as I was. She said it was "just below the low end of normal." However, I know that the current range on lab tests is not reflective of recent discoveries, and 19 is actually very low. I want it to be in the optimal range of 50-80. If given expensive shots for D deficiency, they are often administered at 50,000 IU-- so to equal that I have been taking 10 of these softgels per week (one each day, and doubles on MWF.) When tested after about 4.5 months, my levels had doubled to 39. I don't get much sun, so I know it is the supplement working. That's enough proof for me to vouch for this product, and to continue using it.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer2458701 on May 07, 2010

As with any vitamin you are never really sure if what you are taking is working. But these Vit D3 with 5,000 mg is just what I needed to help me on the road to recovery from adrenal/thyroid problems. Excellent value also.

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer1064944 on Jul 25, 2011

I have had Multiple Sclerosis for 25 years (I am 61). I used to fall easily. Three years ago, I fell breaking the neck of my femur, which resulted in a total hip replacement. A year ago, my neurologist suggested I try Vitamin D 5,000 IU daily. Since then, I have hardly fallen at all and have had no detrimental effects. I am very pleased to have found Healthy Origins as I also have no allergic reactions to the softgel Vit. D3.

Seems OK... but my levels still dropped

Posted by Reviewer1993106 on Apr 25, 2010

Pills are small & seem basically the same as other's I've tried, but my Vit. D levels still dropped slightly, even taking these 5-6 times per week... so I'm not sure if they're absorbing as well as they should or if I really just need THAT much to keep my numbers up!

5000 IU D3

Posted by Reviewer1793205 on Jan 20, 2010

We need much vitamin D3 in here, dark Finland. And iherbs D3 is cheap and good. When I order, I get products very fast.