Herbal - Vedic, Chandrika, Ayurvedic Soap Bar, 2.64 oz (75 g)

I like it

Posted by Reviewer1695535 on Mar 10, 2011

I liked the soap. Smell pretty strong, but pleasant. Smells like a bath. Daughter liked the green soap SEA

fabulous soap ****

Posted by 5588102188545391775 on Apr 21, 2013

This is a wonderful soap. My friend, who is Fijian Indian said that sandalwood was great to help clear pimples. I was skeptical until I saw how much her face cleared up when she started using it. I bought a bar for my partner, who was prone to the odd pimple. When I saw how much his face cleared up, I started using it as well. I don't really have a problem with acne, but I have noticed an improvement in my overall complexion since using this. It can be drying, so I usually apply a thin layer of grapeseed oil to my face before applying the lather from the soap. I then wash it off with a warm face cloth. Without the applying the oil layer first, it leaves the skin taught and dry. I finish off with "Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion, Oily & Combination Skin, 4 fl oz (120 ml)". It is a truly magical combination. I was reading that alot of people were concerned about the use of 'caustic soda' in it. Caustic soda is sodium hydroxide, also known simply as lye. This ingredient is used in pretty much all soaps, even in things like Dr Bronners castille soaps. You will be hard pressed to find a commercial soap made without lye! When made correctly, there should be no lye left within the soap after the saponification process. I personally do not like the scent, but the benefits far outweigh it! It took me about 2 months to get used to the fragrance, but it was so worth the adjustment. I think it takes a couple of weeks of use to reap the full benefits, so grab a bar and give it a go! For $1 you really can't go wrong.

Overpowering smell

Posted by Reviewer1530118 on Mar 21, 2013

This soap smells way too heavily, an incense-ish smell like an Indian store or a hippie festival. Don't get me wrong, I like those places, but in this soap it's just too overpowering and heady - the whole bathroom smells like it 24/7! Had to throw it away, almost felt like it gave me a headache, and I'm not sensitive to smells.

Favorite Soap

Posted by Reviewer1599713 on Feb 16, 2010

This is a wonderful soap. My all time favorite. Nice fresh smell.

Great lather but, slight irritation

Posted by Reviewer2164615 on Mar 03, 2009

I love the scent of this soap. It really lathers up well. I wouldn't recommend using it on sensitive parts of your body (women,that is, not sure about men). I generally have no problem with soaps, but this one had a slight burning sensation. I will still continue to use it, but will be sure not to get it in the sensitive area. I do have other soaps for that. Overall, I love the scent and the lather.