Fantastic-smelling soap, makes skin smooth

Posted by Veronika-and-Tobias on Apr 17, 2014

Before I go rave about how much I love this soap, a word of warning - the scent is not for the faint of heart or those who avoid incense and Lush stores for too much fragrance. This soap, similarly to the Chandrika green soap, smells a lot. And it smells good and it leaves the scent on the skin after washing - it lingers a long while. If you prefer unscented or mildly scented products, this is certainly not for you. If you love Oriental and Indian scents, however - BUY THIS. In my opinion it smells amazing, it lathers up very well, and while the bar is small, it isn't expensive. Works as a bathroom air freshener as well, just sitting in the soap dish. It has an interesting effect on skin - it makes it feel a little dry right after use (but I do have dry skin to begin with), however, after moisturizing, I noticed that this soap makes the skin feel much smoother despite not feeling at all gritty when I used it. I suspect there is something in the ingredients that naturally exfoliates the skin, accounting for both the smoothness and the slightly-dry feeling.

I love it

Posted by 5206121843317576519 on Jan 14, 2014

I love sandalwood, and I can honestly say that the smell of this soap is amazing. My skin is sensitive, and I feel like this soap is very gentle with it. When I first bought it (it's been a while since I had it but I just ordered a couple more) I used it every day and it lasted for a very long time even though it's not that big (and for that price..:!). I truly recommend it if you're looking for a natural based soap with this kind of scent.

Herbal - Vedic, Chandrika Sandal Soap

Posted by Reviewer1073619 on Jan 22, 2012

I really like it. Does not dry out the skin.

authentic and ordinary

Posted by Reviewer2189233 on Dec 30, 2009

has a great sandlewood smell for bathrooms. Does go flaky-soft in standing water. would like to see more selection of soaps by iherb.

not something special

Posted by 4634407514945697356 on Nov 21, 2013

very intense odour. I'll try something else next time.

Great soap

Posted by Reviewer1506857 on Dec 15, 2009

Like the other Chandrika, but love this one. The smell of sandal is just great.

Chandrika Sandal soap

Posted by Reviewer2165848 on Mar 12, 2010

This soap smells like it was made of old worn out sandals. The smell has no similarity whatsoever to genuine sandalwood.

Great soap

Posted by 4906872613848574448 on Jan 08, 2013

Using it for hands wash. Dries skin pleasantly.

good smell

Posted by 5069780158111776464 on Jan 11, 2013

Smells great,skin is really soft after th euse. would recommend it.

Strong smell

Posted by SpeakOut on Jan 13, 2016

Ok, now all my bathroom smells of sandalwood, it's amazing. Smell is strong but I like it. Good soap and after shower smell left on the skin about two hours. My skin is soft and smooth,what else I need? I'll buy again.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »